Thread: LS6 & A4 in a 2002 S10

Potential Tuner

Question LS6 & A4 in a 2002 S10

I'm currnetly in the process of installing a 2002 LS6 & A4 into my 2002 S10 Xtreme (it came with the 4.3 & A4) although I am still months away from completion it is now time to start looking into the tuning possibilities that I will have. According to "Current Performance Wiring" (they are building the harness for me) if installing any of the LS1 derived engines (4.8, 5.3, 5.7, or 6.0L) They have developed a program that will allow just the LS1 computer to be used in a 98 and up S-truck. This single computer will control the engine, allow the gauges (including tachometer) and ABS to work properly, control the electric fans, and control all other functions of the truck just like factory. There will be 2 extra relays to be mounted on the firewall next to the existing 1 that is there now to control the electric fans.

My question is will HPTuners work for my application?

As long as it has an LSx computer, you're fine. Sounds like they *might* be using the "fits all" 2000 Camaro/Corvette/Truck PCM.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Are you using the Corvette Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)? If so, make sure that you have a Corvette or Truck program loaded in order to control it. Also, make sure that they wire the ALDL (aka OBDII) port in your harness. That's how you'll need to connect HPT to the truck.

LSx swaps really aren't that difficult but they're loads of fun.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Advanced Tuner
    if he is useing the etc he will need the control box and throttle peddle and wireing for that to be able to work.
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

If you are cable throttle, an automatic Camaro file will get you ballparked.
    If you're ETC look for an automatic Vette file to start.
    Make sure you use the same model year as the PCM for your application.

Check Horist's site for a file.
    Always Support Our Troops!