Thread: intercooler pump tables on a Hellcat

Advanced Tuner

intercooler pump tables on a Hellcat

Does anyone know if the tables for when the intercooler pump comes on and what speed can be added in HPT?

The pump is PWM and controlled over the LIN BUS. Depending on the intercooler temp determines the RPM of the pump.

Thanks to anyone that has any info.

Advanced Tuner
    Watching this one
    I assume you emailed HPtuners support?
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

This would be interesting for folks running around with a Killer Chiller or Ice Box on the stock IC LTR pump. Watching as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zhc View Post
    This would be interesting for folks running around with a Killer Chiller or Ice Box on the stock IC LTR pump. Watching as well.
    that's actually why I'm asking. We built a Ice Box setup for a Whipple'd Hellcat. Custom AFCO heat exchanger, -12 lines, and using the stock IC pump at the moment.

I have not email support yet but I will in the morning when I get to the shop.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    that's actually why I'm asking. We built a Ice Box setup for a Whipple'd Hellcat. Custom AFCO heat exchanger, -12 lines, and using the stock IC pump at the moment.

I have not email support yet but I will in the morning when I get to the shop.
    We are in the same boat with the remote ice box on our Hellcat. We would like to work in conjunction with or bypass the stock pump without codes/limp mode.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We are in the same boat with the remote ice box on our Hellcat. We would like to work in conjunction with or bypass the stock pump without codes/limp mode.
    That's the exact reason why we are trying to stick with the OE pump. Mopar's CAN BUS, LIN BUS or however else you want to describe it can be very finicky as I'm sure you know. At this point in time eliminating it did not seem like a viable option. We talked about adding another pump but after doing some reading on how the pump works and what the PCM looks at, if the OE pump is spinning a different RPM than whats commanded, faster or slower, it's going to throw a CEL at the very least if not make it go limp.

However if there are threshold tables that we can get to that make take care of that. One thing I haven't been able to find out yet is what the specs are on the OE pump as far as gph and such. In our preliminary testing even using the OEM pump the IAT's and intercooler temps were significantly lower than the stock setup. The stock heat exchanger system holds approximately a gallon IIRC. With the ice box, -12 lines and larger intercooler I would venture to guess it's at least 5x that now.

I'm really interested in using the stock pump for multiple reasons but if it won't be enough for our application I would at least like to be able to modify the tune to use something bigger/better.

We have added this to the latest beta version. If you need Beta please contact [email protected] requesting beta!

It'll be under "Low Temperature Radiator" and you'll get everything in terms of RPM of the pump.
    Hndb5uh.png

Advanced Tuner
    Steven that's great to hear. Do you know if they have added or can added the intercooler pump in the scanner? RPM's, commanded duty % and such.

Thanks!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    We have added this to the latest beta version. If you need Beta please contact [email protected] requesting beta!

It'll be under "Low Temperature Radiator" and you'll get everything in terms of RPM of the pump.
    Hndb5uh.png
    Sometimes I want to add a "like" button or "thumbs up" button to this forum.

Advanced Tuner
    Steven that's great to hear. Do you know if they have added or can added the intercooler pump in the scanner? RPM's, commanded duty % and such.

Thanks!
    Thanks Steve! and same question as above

Advanced Tuner
    FYI, HPT has added LTR pump speed to the scanner(BETA) and it appears to be working correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    FYI, HPT has added LTR pump speed to the scanner(BETA) and it appears to be working correctly.
    Yes it does! We monitored in two Hellcats at the track this weekend as well as modified the LTR pump table to help with cool down on the return road.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Yes it does! We monitored in two Hellcats at the track this weekend as well as modified the LTR pump table to help with cool down on the return road.
    that's awesome to hear. We ended up adding a Davis Craig centri EWP at the ice box in the trunk and haven't had any problems....yet.

Advanced Tuner
    that's awesome to hear. We ended up adding a Davis Craig centri EWP at the ice box in the trunk and haven't had any problems....yet.
    Good info and thanks for sharing!

Potential Tuner
    i have the 3.7.238 Beta, but i can`t see the "Low Temperature Radiator" section :/
    i`ve download the PCM with the Beta Software!
    VCM Beta.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.L View Post
    i have the 3.7.238 Beta, but i can`t see the "Low Temperature Radiator" section :/
    i`ve download the PCM with the Beta Software!
    VCM Beta.jpg
    Please email support with your .hpt file and a VCM Suite Infolog while connected to the vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    Anymore update on this feature, How is it performing and what's the optimal OEM IC rpm might be without impacting the OEM IC pump life.