Thread: Who is familar with tuning 2011 Camaro DI V6 E69?

Senior Tuner

Who is familar with tuning 2011 Camaro DI V6 E69?

Just looking for basic tuning steps not familar with these Bosch ecus like I am the LS stuff I normally deal with. Change MAF table so part throttlefuel trims are more in line

Knocks sensros are CONSTANTLY going off

timing anywhere from 7-22 degrees at WOT?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

pm me .. i have a 2010 Camaro Supercharged Running 16# of boost .. KR is usually cause by running these motors too rich.. or too low of timing

jst checked your log and your way over fueled.. what mods?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
    jst checked your log and your way over fueled.. what mods?
    stock. part throttle fuel trims were lean, havent done any wot tuning.how would you say its overfueled without wideband?

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Senior Tuner
    clean the intake valves.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

on average your Trims are -15-20%

these motors like to run lean.. from personal experience when my trims were +-1% i had a good amount of KR in the logs when i leaned it out alot of the KR went away... the LNF uses the same ECU CSSOB and Term have a bunch of great write ups

Senior Tuner
    uhh if you are at zero trims and lean it out o2s will put it right back and trims will be positive??? that makes no sense

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

your getting KR from too much fuel so if you have a wide band and look at the AFR error your gonna see that when you tip in or at low loads the afr will almost always be negative with trims close to zero. almost as if the ecu is using the o2s too late if that makes sense. by making the trims positive your afr error will be slightly in the positive and the o2s wont be late .. i hear what your saying and battled this for a long time and finally figured it out.. just a bit of advice from what i did thats all
    \

Put the maf back to stock..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
    your getting KR from too much fuel so if you have a wide band and look at the AFR error your gonna see that when you tip in or at low loads the afr will almost always be negative with trims close to zero. almost as if the ecu is using the o2s too late if that makes sense. by making the trims positive your afr error will be slightly in the positive and the o2s wont be late .. i hear what your saying and battled this for a long time and finally figured it out.. just a bit of advice from what i did thats all
    \
    So what did you do to fix this - reduce the MAF table values? Did you reduce by a particular percentage (for the whole table)?

The knock sensors are too sensitive, I had to set them at 3.5 on the same car that had LT Headers & HF cats.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    The knock sensors are too sensitive, I had to set them at 3.5 on the same car that had LT Headers & HF cats.

Russ Kemp
    3.5 meaning that you multiplied them by 3.5? And are we talking about the Engine->Spark->Knock Sensors->Knock Sensor Level Multiplier tables for each cylinder?

Just curious.... My application is very different (2012 Impala with 3.6L LFX, 6T70 trans), so not so sure this would apply to my car anyway... I have raised the multipliers a little for 0-3000rpm to help reduce false knock in the lower RPMs, but I'm hesitant to increase them too much....

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    3.5 meaning that you multiplied them by 3.5? And are we talking about the Engine->Spark->Knock Sensors->Knock Sensor Level Multiplier tables for each cylinder?
    Knock sensor gain, just raised cyl 1-6 to 3.5 (the max).

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Knock sensor gain, just raised cyl 1-6 to 3.5 (the max).

Russ Kemp
    Ok, thank you. I don't even have a knock sensor gain table in my setup (E39 / T43), so I guess it's setup differently than my application. For some reason, I was thinking that we were talking about the LFX Camaro's, but I think that we're actually talking about the LLT Camaros here, so that is probably the difference. :-)

you are correct the LLT has the KR sensitivity tables.. you may also want to look at your cam timing this can create low load KR

Potential Tuner
    Could u take a look at a tune for me
    @. [email protected]