Thread: No Vehicle Speed

Potential Tuner

No Vehicle Speed

Have a swap that I've completed with a 2004 5.3, and 01-ish 4l60e. Now that I have everything together I noticed MPH not showing on my digital dash. Hooked the car up to HPTuners and sure enough the PCM is showing 0 MPH also with wheels moving. I've changed the original VSS sensor with one from O Reilly's to get the same result. Afterwards I attempted to learn how to test the VSS sensor and wiring. I did the ohm and AC test on both sensors with the cheap HF multi-meter and got no readings for either. I bought a cheap oscilloscope that I have little knowledge on. I can get wave forms from ac outlets, but none from the 2 sensors with the car off the ground in drive. I put the car on the scanner and set up Trans Output Shaft RPM and when plugged up i get sporadic readings for that an Input Shaft RPM. With the VSS unplugged I get nothing. Anyone have any input or insight for me?

VEHICLE SPEED TEST shows output shaft rpms...I plugged the VSS sensor in around halfway mark. That's where you can see the sporadic readings.

VSSTEST shows trans gear and MPH staying at O. I learned the VSS Fault had nothing to do with sensor.

And I'll learn how to setup one scan file configured correctly for everything next time I post. These are just two random ones I made today and another day before I decided to post in here.
    Attached Files Attached Files