Thread: "Upshift Torque Decrease" Tuned Cars ZF8HP

Potential Tuner

Question "Upshift Torque Decrease" Tuned Cars ZF8HP

Hi,
    i`m new in the world of Transmission tuning and i have a question about the "Upshift Torque Decrease".
    In my opinion is this a critical part for life period of the Transmission.

- Before i was on the Dyno i`ve set the "Max Torque limit" to 1055NM (778 lb ft).
    Now my Hellcat makes 1076NM (793 lb ft) on the Dyno, seems it works perfect.

Now i want to adjust the "Upshift Torque Decrease" to safe my clutch during the Upshift procedure.
    The stock values in Normal and Track go only to 900NM (see the example picture).HPTuners 900nm.png
    In Sports Mode there are only to 702NM!!

Is it necessary to step up the Values to 1055NM with the right decrease Values? (see example)HPTuners 1050NM.png
    Or is that not nessecary and the system calculates it Automatic based on the existing values?

Thanks!
    Marc

I can comment on what I have experienced
    Its not ness to rescale but you can if the steps are to far appart for you just right click on the left scale and change the axis values to suit
    the tq decrease is usually least on normal settings and seems to be ok I have tried increasing the value,, shortening slip times,, and inc oncoming clutch press,, it will get chunky very quickly,, and is dependent on where you are on the scale I found inc the tq decrese maps added dips to the shift I didn't like ,.
    so far I found leaving the tq dec std but adding pressure to the oncoming clutches has given a sharper shift then I have just used the slip time to smooth the transition if it needed . the net effect was a faster shift with less slip,
    Seems to be moving the right way so far,
    you might have a look at the TCC , and what type its using on some settings it never seems to lock up ive converted mine to type 3
    Just a few thoughts
    Cheers