Thread: S-10 auto trans - Hard Shift

S-10 auto trans - Hard Shift

I had my '03 Chevy S-10, 4.3L, 2WD, Auto Trans tuned by Blackbear Tuning and where I live now it's too far to catch him when he comes to my state to have this adjusted...

It performs well over all... I like that he set it up so it shifts out of fist into second quicker than stock settings.

But, when I slow down to go around a corner the transmissions hard shifts into second gear and it feels just like it would if you had put the tranny in neutral, gave it a little gas, and then shifted into Drive... it SLAMS into gear which is obviously not right and bad for the tranny.

So, what I have been doing is slowing way, way down after going around a corner so the RPMs drop petty low and then I give it some gas cause by that time everything has slowed down and it has changed down to 2nd gear smoothly and after that it drives just fine.

Just thought I'd post this tune to see if anybody can take a look at the tranny settings and even possibly make adjustments. Thanks.

Custom__Tune__S10.hpt

I wish I could help but I am new to this. Maybe someone on here can look at it and give you some help. Good luck bud.

I'd like to be able to copy and paste all the tranny info from the OE file in to the custom file.

I'll have to open up both files and experiment to see if this is possible or not...
    Last edited by Rockrz; 06-22-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    I'd like to be able to copy and paste all the tranny info from the OE file in to the custom file.

I'll have to open up both files and experiment to see if this is possible or not...
    I have the same engine and tranny and your torque is turned way up compared to mine. Under engine and then torque management you are at 41,943,040 LB FT and my stock setting is 610 LB FT
    and they are all set at that. Look at that and the axle settings. That seems way high compared to stock.