Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015+ Mustang GT speed density tuning

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    The PCM gets calculated MAP from the speed density values. You want to use the actual MAP values in the sheet to correct the SD values as we have no way of knowing how inaccurate calculated is other than to compare what the ECU calculates to the actual MAP.
    if it is so, then makes sense to log the actual MAP

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    You did not truly extend it. step 1 - N= is the number of columns. Then you would need to modify step 2 and 3 to include the new columns that calculate the Quad and Slope. The offset is then calculated using steps 1,2,3, the quad, and slope values. The more columns you can make the better the values will represent a range of air mass and pressure. I just did 20 as that's what was in the sheet ridenrunwv posted which probably came outta a cobb sheet.

The PCM gets calculated MAP from the speed density values. You want to use the actual MAP values in the sheet to correct the SD values as we have no way of knowing how inaccurate calculated is other than to compare what the ECU calculates to the actual MAP.

The MAF signal at low RPMs and low MAP pressure is the most difficult to tune especially in the very large housings. So you may want to try more low MAP resolution to help with the low RPMs
    Yes thank you I was going to query that however even without the extended formula I was getting such good results.

My Manifold Pressure Absolute is actually from a remote sensor, it seems to work fine as I measure the same on the dyno remote sensor as I read on Absolute by re-purposing the Absolute manifold pressure PID. I had to do it in kpa due to the limits of the dyno. Next time I have a mustang supercharger in I'll look at extending the spreadsheet, to be honest it's pushing my excel limits but the results have been good and are at least quite easy to confirm by checking the new calculated MAP against actual.

It is quite time consuming as the data settles, not so pleasant running the high loads while data gathers.

today I got time to work on my speed density calc.
    I reduced the excel calulation to only the needed parts. For start I use the existing calculated MAP PID from the Schanner, later I add my Dyno MAP sensor to the Scanner.

Ford Speed Density forced induction_v1.xlsx

but I'm a bit cunfused, if I use the right math for collect the data with the scanner.

Airmass.jpg or MAF cyl airmass.jpg
    Last edited by Auto-Hentzschel; 09-06-2017 at 10:33 AM.

the math for the Airmass should be

[50040.73]/[50070.56]*2

wrong thoughs in my mind ;-)

but something is wrong in the excel calculation values for offset and slope are unusable, because the most are out of the limits?

Senior Tuner
    Fill in the entire table. Make sure when you are calculating anything with the Y reference in step 2 you put a $ next to the row number. This way you keep it referencing the correct value if you copy and paste the formula.

Ford Speed Density forced induction_v1.xlsx

@nurfie
    seems, I got it running with usable data. But one issue is still there. It is not possible to collect for every 36 fields data in every rpm range. But the excle spreadsheet need values in every field. Its possible to set the the excel file so, that it find out by self, how many field are used for the calculation?

Senior Tuner
    there is a trick you can use with the linest function to simplfy all this. Described on the website below.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ssion-in-excel

I think using linest you can just fill in what you can for different RPMs and as long as it fits in the array you will get an accurate output. I was just trying to show what math was involved in finding these three values so everyone would have a better understanding of what is going on.

Heres an example of it in a sheet. I can work more on it later to expand it to the full RPM range later if you can't get it to work. Just let me know the MAP values you are wanting to work with.

Quad Regression.xlsx
    Last edited by murfie; 09-07-2017 at 05:59 PM.

@murfie
    thank you for your help. But more then the standard calculation I don't know with excel ;-) Also my English is not the best.
    However, today I collected one Mapped poit as best as possible.
    Its a hard chellenge! the car is hot and the dyno too untill all rpm ranges are ready
    Attached my results.
    Maybe you can explain me how I can fill the empty fields

Ford Speed Density forced induction_v3.xlsx