Thread: Sky turbo with Trifecta tune

Tuner in Training

Sky turbo with Trifecta tune

Really new guy here so be gentle. I'm just ready to order my HPtuner and already have a question. I have the Trifecta tune where I can switch between stock and Trifecta by powering the cruise control on and off. I'm sure you all are very familiar with that set up. My question is, when I up load my program will it upload which program is selected by the cruise or will it upload both ??? Or what will it upload ???

Told you I was green but I catch on Quick

Thanks, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sky View Post
    Really new guy here so be gentle. I'm just ready to order my HPtuner and already have a question. I have the Trifecta tune where I can switch between stock and Trifecta by powering the cruise control on and off. I'm sure you all are very familiar with that set up. My question is, when I up load my program will it upload which program is selected by the cruise or will it upload both ??? Or what will it upload ???

Told you I was green but I catch on Quick

Thanks, Larry
    My understanding is a Trifecta tune will prevent 3rd party tuning, like it is locked
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Correct, that has been my experience with them as well. You can return to stock with the Trifecta dongle, then you can read/edit with hptuners.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Advanced Tuner
    Also you cannot use the Cruise switch as a button with HPTuners, to my knowledge this is a Trifecta-specific enhancement that only they do.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the replies. Now that I think about it that makes sense. Trifecta doesn't want you tweaking their tunes.

Thanks, Larry