Thread: Coyote fan idle air adder

Coyote fan idle air adder

Doesn't look to be a air adder for when cooling fan comes on in the coyote calibration, I have a car that stumbles and sometimes dies when the fan comes on, also thought about the ID1000 injector data voltage table possibly causing an issue but this would be a first. any ideas?

Since no one has replied as of yet, I assume you have checked the charging system thoroughly? And I also assume that this is a FI car? My twin 11" Spal fans put a significant load on the charging system when first energized. I have had issues with my battery because of this and normally leave my car on a Battery Tender because of this issue. I also installed a switch inline on the 5+Volt relay trigger wire, so I can flash the car without the fans running.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Yes it is an on3 twin kit, uses factory fan. i am going to replace the battery first with something that has more capacity and have also thought of running a large capacitor to help with initial amp draw when high speed fan comes on

Tuner
    Check the low speed fan function.

The fan should ramp up slowly, not just suddenly come on at full speed. I had a car here recently that went from nothing to full-on in an instant, and the sudden load change would sometimes stall the car. The correct solution is to find out why the fan is dong that and repair or replace it. The customer wanted a quick free fix so we bandaided it by turning the fan on all of the time. Problem solved. I just hope (and warned him) the fan doesn't burn out bu running full speed all the time.

update on this. low speed fan was not working. when high speed turned on it drew enough power to cause stumble.