Thread: 6.0L Injector Tuning, Hybrid Injectors

Tuner in Training

6.0L Injector Tuning, Hybrid Injectors

We have a Triple Turbo F350 that we have built and now its time to tune.
    We are using a set of 330cc/150% Hybrid Injectors.

Has anyone tuned large injectors on a 6.0 using HpTuners?

Any insight would be great, we have begun tuning it and we were able to get the vehicle to clean up a little at cruise but it still needs more along with major fuel tuning during spool up.

Quote Originally Posted by PureFabrication View Post
    We have a Triple Turbo F350 that we have built and now its time to tune.
    We are using a set of 330cc/150% Hybrid Injectors.

Has anyone tuned large injectors on a 6.0 using HpTuners?

Any insight would be great, we have begun tuning it and we were able to get the vehicle to clean up a little at cruise but it still needs more along with major fuel tuning during spool up.
    use your mass fuel and torque tables to clean it up, also the pulsewidth in the ficm, i assume u want it clean from a standing wot run?

Tuner in Training
    You should post some pic's. I'd love to see a multi-turbo 6.0.

does it make more power to add pulsewidth or make it tighter its hard to tell a different on the street versus a dyno i feel like it makes more to increase the number from 1.12 to say 1.28 but its definitely more smoke same with inj delay

Tuner in Training
    Ill post some pictures in a little bit.
    Im having a hard start issue when warmed up, barely touching the edge of enough ICP to command a start condition.
    The hybrid seems to require more oil from the HPOP then a stock value can supply, so I will be raising the ICP tables also.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I would start by trimming your fuel while not in boost or before where you expect to be spooling. Adjust your injection pressure table accordingly. You should be able to get a better result by trimming down ficm pulsewidths. I haven't fully explored ficm tuning. I haven't had anything to play with lately. Fuel for torque table will get you good results on cleaning up but pedal maps will help a lot to.

thats a beautiful turbo setup, hopefully your hpop can keep up with the injectors

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PureFabrication View Post
    Ill post some pictures in a little bit.
    Im having a hard start issue when warmed up, barely touching the edge of enough ICP to command a start condition.
    The hybrid seems to require more oil from the HPOP then a stock value can supply, so I will be raising the ICP tables also.
    You need to fool the ICP sensor voltages to get the truck to maintain ICP under load. Also, raise your injection pressure at idle to around 1000 psi. These trucks will make max power around 2.2 - 2.4ms pulse width as long as you can keep ICP voltage over 4.2 or so. Clean the timing up as well, those big injectors like timing. Copy and paste the high altitude table in for a starting point.

what abouj hyd. delay on the injectors do they need to be adjusted also to make the vgt build boost the lower the duty cycle the more boost it will build correct

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mpdtune View Post
    You need to fool the ICP sensor voltages to get the truck to maintain ICP under load. Also, raise your injection pressure at idle to around 1000 psi. These trucks will make max power around 2.2 - 2.4ms pulse width as long as you can keep ICP voltage over 4.2 or so. Clean the timing up as well, those big injectors like timing. Copy and paste the high altitude table in for a starting point.
    We put the tuning on the back burner to finish up the small odds and ends on the truck. Now that we have finished that we are back to the final thing to finish which is tuning. It is going on the dyno this weekend. Hopefully I can get a little help with this, Do you have decent experience in the 6.0 and larger injectors? Would love to chat if you could help.
    We have tons of experience in import/domestic tuning just not much with Highly modified diesel setups.
    We have always been fine with previous setups but this one is obviously a little on the extreme side of things.

Did some minor road tuning and we managed to max out the Snow Performance MAP Sensor at 73.5Psi on the water injection kit, We will be installing a manual gauge before tuning on the dyno to see where we truly are on boost level. Expecting to end up in the 90-100PSi range.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    You can manually adjust your requested pressure in fuel system tab. You bump up the icp pressures. I have had decent results on stock injectors by playing with it.