Thread: Do i need to tune the FSCM?

Do i need to tune the FSCM?

I have a 2014 ATS 2.0 AWD.

I just installed a FLEX fuel sensor. I am waiting for my AFE intake and AFE down pipe. I would like to at least enable the FLEX fuel sensor until my parts are in. This will be the only modifications I do. Do I need an extra credit so the tuner can adjust the FSCM? I would ask him but he is on vacation for the next week. I am just trying to have it all in order so when he comes back he can knock this out for me.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you should be able to turn it on and tune in the alcohol content offset chart without those parts. it does not alter the OS so it does not require extra credits.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Thank you

I am just trying to get the parts on and licence before he gets back.

if you can tune the maf sensor on pump gas then when the tank is darn near empty pump it full with E85. then record fuel trim error on a histogram based off the alcohol comp offset table and apply the correction to the top of the chart. alcohol is fairly linear so once thats done you can highlight from pump gas to your tuned e85 range and select the option to interpolate horizontaly. this will give your guy a better place to start from if your willing to figure it out.

I really did not want to try and mess with it. I wanted to just get parts on and have my box licensed. Ill leave the rest to him.

just installing the units doesnt do anything. without reprogramming the unit the sensors wont work so if you dont want to reprogram then just physically install them and he can do the rest as you mentioned.