Thread: Mustang GT with GT350 Setup - Tune and Log Help

Senior Tuner

Mustang GT with GT350 Setup - Tune and Log Help

Figured I would move this to a new thread.

Attached are my redo tunes and logs. Still getting a ton of IPC wheel torque error. I know I am supposed to now go back and adjust my predicted and effective TB tables, but I got this tune from someone else who didn't report anywhere near as close to as much wheel torque error.

The car actually drives surprisingly well. Has a little hesitation I feel going on and off throttle when I shift, and wants to die sometimes coming to a stop but overall runs pretty well. Surprising considering the 900-1,000 wheel torque error.

BTW what parameter will show me the two sides of the wheel torque error? I see ETC requested torque, I had been logging scheduled torque but comparing these two values doesn't mathematically give me the IPC wheel torque error amount. Whats the name of the PID to log the engine torque output?
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-21-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-21-2017 at 08:14 AM.

max your ipc torque "min/"max" then log delivered torque in the same table format

Potential Tuner
    Just emailed you, the problem lies in the load axis for your IPC max/min tables

Senior Tuner
    Thanks guys completely overlooked the axis, I reverted to my stock values in those tables but left the axis matching the FRPP tune, I will fix and retry

Tuner
    Sent you the FP cal file

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    Sent you the FP cal file
    Mind resending? Never got it. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    So fixing the axis on the IPC min and max torque table eliminated about 90% of the wheel torque errors, I was still getting bursts of 5-900lb ft of error coming on and off the throttle, especially just after a gear change.

I ended up obtaining a true FRPP manual OS and loaded that tune in. All I can say is WOW driveability is 100% stock like, and absolutely zero wheel torque error anywhere. I am attaching the file here and also have uploaded to the repository. The tune speaks for itself, while I don't really fully grasp how the throttle body settings could work so well yet be so different than the GT350, its clear FR engineers spent time getting this right.

Tune can def use some additional tweaks for more aggressive timing up top, feels very strong in the midrange.

Attachment 71665

Senior Tuner
    Here is a full log of some cruising and 3 WOT pulls gears 1-3. Still haven't touched the factory calibration from Ford for the FRPP 3 except for higher rev limit and catless headers tweaks. Still seeing that the mapped points are not logging right, stuck 100% on Map point 14. Also noticed KR is registering zero knock, but concerns me it simply isn't logging because this tune IS setup to be able to add timing, and my total timing near 28* to me means it is adding timing over my borderline tables. Open to feedback, thoughts, advice. Believe my only real tweaks are to up the timing a few more degrees. Also noticed cam timing could use a little improvement, but open to suggestions.

FRPP Stage M6 Catless Headers.hpl

MGMPJ55_M9452M8_6M W HEADERS.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Knock Retard does not report when Per Cylinder is the Knock Mode. Need to log the individual cylinders if you're running it that way.

Senior Tuner
    Ah ha! Not used to the per cylinder yet. Thanks. Any thoughts on the single mapped point?

Senior Tuner
    They will run fine that way but I somehow doubt that is how they have it setup. When I get on my computer I'll look for you.

Senior Tuner
    Def not how it's setup hence why I think it's a bug in the scanner

Senior Tuner
    Looks like a bug. Mapped Points configuration looks like it should allow it to move through different mapped points and the cams were moving around in your log.