Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ghost Tune Settings on 2015+ Coyote

Advanced Tuner
    Yes just using 0-40 , I’ll give that a try thanks . It drives good actually just wish I could get it better at low speeds and gears. Live off a mile long dirt road to get to my house and when it rains bad it can get very rough and rutted, it does not like to creep in first gear or second gear under 1500 lol usually do 10 mph or less when it’s very rough.

Potential Tuner

How did you make out with that tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Yes just using 0-40 , I?ll give that a try thanks . It drives good actually just wish I could get it better at low speeds and gears. Live off a mile long dirt road to get to my house and when it rains bad it can get very rough and rutted, it does not like to creep in first gear or second gear under 1500 lol usually do 10 mph or less when it?s very rough.
    Just reading through this- looks like your pretty far along. Care to share your final settings?

Potential Tuner
    Hi. Do I’d you ever get all the wrinkles ironed out on your ghost tune.
    I’d like to do the same with my 2018 coyote and thought your settings may be a good place to start.

Do you have a file you can share and final thoughts on what you Cheever. Or what was left to solve?

Tuner
    Totally new to the HPT platform and I am trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can for my own personal vehicle. 19' F150 gen3 coyote. Does anyone have any feedback or references to how the values discussed in this thread would carry over to the 18+ trucks. I am interested in making my own ghost cam file. Any information and advice is greatly appreciated!

Tuner in Training
    Do a search on murfie and read his posts if your searching to glean something from this forum.

I love the sound of the ghost cam. I did mine and it sounds awesome, but it sucks to drive. You will undo it pretty quick so let me save you some time and just say don't bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Coyote View Post
    I love the sound of the ghost cam. I did mine and it sounds awesome, but it sucks to drive. You will undo it pretty quick so let me save you some time and just say don't bother?
    Would you guys care to share your setting before you blow them away? For learning sake? Thanks!!

Advanced Tuner
    When tuning for ghost cam, don't tune in the bad drivability. What im saying is you're tuning the vehicle, you can tune for good drivability, it doesn't have to suck driving around.
    I've tuned ghost cam on some customers cars that want it. On mine, it was the test dummy for everything. Ive tuned ghost cam a different way each time. I have it where it wastes fuel at idle as expected, but I didn't sacrifice any drivability above 1100 and I'm not wasting fuel from my angles. I utilize a single mapped point for ghost cam. I also still utilize IVO 0 EVC 0 which helps with mpg and stability while driving. Airflow tables and idle spark do need adjusted to run better on 11 to 14. I ghost cam just to do it, Ill run it for the time I'm tuning it but I don't run ghost cam 24/7.

S550s take a little more work, but it's easy to use mapped point 0 for the ghost cam and still take advantage of the drivability and fuel in mp 1, 2, 3. Spark changes and idle throttle angle help these gen 2s run better. Correct adjustments to torque and inverse will make it even better.

Gen 3s are the easiest to ghost cam.

Tuner
    I'm attaching a tune file and log for my ghost cam settings on my F150. I know I'm missing something but I cant seem to find that link. Any help is appreciated thank you. I've locked the truck in Optimum Stability mode but the MP I'm requesting per the Distance tables are not being followed.

93V5ghostcam2.JT TEST3.hpt

GhostcamJTTEST3log1.hpl