Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ID1000 Coyote, unsolved.

Senior Tuner
    Ive already encountered a bug whereby I did a comparison copy all over to my tune from another, and found the injector offsets scanned differently (retrieved in seconds versus base tune was in ms) from my current car and so the copy over from the other tune caused my injector offsets to be off by 4 decimal places. I would suggest opening each tune in two windows and comparing your base/copied tune versus your new tune's injector settings, make sure it all copied over ok.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-24-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Ive already encountered a bug whereby I did a comparison copy all over to my tune from another, and found the injector offsets scanned differently (retrieved in seconds versus base tune was in ms) from my current car and so the copy over from the other tune caused my injector offsets to be off by 4 decimal places. I would suggest opening each tune in two windows and comparing your base/copied tune versus your new tune's injector settings, make sure it all copied over ok.

Should the minimum pulsewidth be set to seconds or ms?

On the ID injector data it says seconds.

Senior Tuner
    just confirm what injector dynamics supplies units are and ensure when pasted into your tune the unit selection is the same.

Everything is plugged in per injector dynamics PDF. Verified multiple times.

Senior Tuner
    Hard for anyone to verify without a copy of the tune

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I'm on stock fuel system, NA. No E85. Pump gas. Stock fuel pressure.
    Do you think it could be something with the fuel pump?
    I've sent me logs to a fuel people and they gave me recommendations, the only thing that helped was keeping the throttle body opened a little more at idle, it idled better, STFT were not perfect. They were much better. It lasted for the night. The next day the fuel trims were back to rich.
    Curious, do you have the rear 02's plugged in?

Turned off in tune? Along with FAOSC?

Is your purge valve plugged in?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm on stock fuel system, NA. No E85. Pump gas. Stock fuel pressure.
    Do you think it could be something with the fuel pump?
    I've sent me logs to a fuel people and they gave me recommendations, the only thing that helped was keeping the throttle body opened a little more at idle, it idled better, STFT were not perfect. They were much better. It lasted for the night. The next day the fuel trims were back to rich.

Devildog, have you tried the info 15PSI said??

Yes I have tried those values and the car does seem to run smoother but if you ever read Paul Yaw's article when he was testing the ID's in the 07-09 gt500 test vehicle he was getting 18% fuel trim swings at idle and low pulse width and that's when he mentions the data for the offset and slope multipliers to correct this issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    I agree there has to be more to this issue.

The tune I am using has worked perfect on past cars that I have put it on. With the exact same setup. This car is brand new top to bottom all sensors etc.

I am almost positive this issue came only after I updated to the newest version of Hptuners.

Three things I may try.

1. Throwing stock injectors in (assuming I can get ahold of some) with stock injector data and seeing if the car returns to normal. Seeing as my car is not entering FMEM and staying in closed loop and all sensors are brand new, I highly doubt I am having s hardware issue. I would assume if it returns to normal there has to be something up with the way the scanner is processing things at idle. As soon as I let off the gas pedal and the PCM goes into idle conditions STFT just shuts off and returns one I start moving again.

2. Before swapping injectors, I am going to look and see if I still have an older version of hptuners and see if the issue goes away.

3. I may also try swapping to a different strategy. Although this car ran fine previously on the same strategy I am currently using on it.

I've swapped my stock injectors in, and with a little bit of MAF changes, had STFT down to less than 3%. Also, had 3 different tuners give it ago. One of those tuners, and also the tune of the datalogs I uploaded, was the first time I seen it enter FMEM. This problem has been happening since January. The car sits a lot and I've swapped stock injectors and manfold back on a few times.
    I'm not ruling out hardware in my case, That sensor. I'll have a lot more time with the car in a few days.
    I think I read HPT 3.7 is available.

\

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    Yes I have tried those values and the car does seem to run smoother but if you ever read Paul Yaw's article when he was testing the ID's in the 07-09 gt500 test vehicle he was getting 18% fuel trim swings at idle and low pulse width and that's when he mentions the data for the offset and slope multipliers to correct this issue.
    I'll have to read on that, I haven't attempted to mess with the injectors very much because I lack the skill in that. The tuners I've spoke to either don't know how, or just didn't want to share. I'll check it out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    just confirm what injector dynamics supplies units are and ensure when pasted into your tune the unit selection is the same.
    They're ID1000s. Everyone says, the injectors require data off the information provided by Injector Dynamics. I?ve tried 4 different tuners. I told them somethings not right with my car, I?ll buy the credits, you do the tune. If you can get my STFT good, I?ll pay for the whole tune. No one can get it. These are very reputable tuners known Facebook-wide.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 07-26-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Your injector data is right out of the characterization sheet they provide. I would say stick with that data.

Im going to ignore the FMEM for now.

What happens when you increase your idle airflow vs desired idle RPM. The goal would be to get more air since the injectors are at their minimum with the fuel they can provide.

You are targeting 700RPM. 700 RPM is going to close the throttle and work toward .49 LB/min air flow. That's very low for sure large injectors. Id increase it toward .8- 1lb/min for both P/n and Drive. Watch vaccum and low your in gear and P/N spark advance a degree or 2 as you increase idle airflow to help maintain idle vaccum.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Your injector data is right out of the characterization sheet they provide. I would say stick with that data.

What happens when you increase your idle airflow vs desired idle RPM. The goal would be to get more air since the injectors are at their minimum with the fuel they can provide.

You are targeting 700RPM. 700 RPM is going to close the throttle and work toward .49 LB/min air flow. That's very low for sure large injectors. Id increase it toward .8- 1lb/min for both P/n and Drive. Watch vaccum and low your in gear and P/N spark advance a degree or 2 as you increase idle airflow to help maintain idle vaccum.
    So essentially increase the airflow at idle either by increasing the idle airflow table or adjust the torque table and try to control idle speed with spark and in return this will raise the pulse width.

Advanced Tuner
    I have done something similar to what you're saying murphie.

The results from what I did kept the STFT from being -29%. It reacted better to achieve less 6% rich. The idle was actually around the .8lb like you said

The next day I went out to go work on it some more and it was back to 20% rich.

I also get fuel sources - (OL) Inj Cut, (OL) React./ After Decel, (OL) TQ Req. Lean on the log with the better results.

I'll change everything on a new, more base tune I will mess with.

Everyone says, the injectors require data off the information provided by Injector Dynamics. I?ve tried 4 different tuners. I told them somethings not right with my car, I?ll buy the credits, you do the tune. If you can get my STFT good, I?ll pay for the whole tune. No one can get it. These are very reputable tuners known Facebook-wide.
    This is why I believe there is more to it. You have a pretty basic setup hardware wise, and none of the top tuners can figure it out? Highly unlikely if it's the names I have in mind they pretty much tune every combo on a Coyote.

I have also played with raising my idle, didn't help much. I will also say my Cobra jet combo in the past never had an issue idling at 700-800 even with the monoblade, neither did my first turbo coyote.

Hopefully we both figure it out though. I've tried a bunch of recommendations, also from very reputable tuners. Nothing has helped.

Advanced Tuner
    Just wanted to give an update support got the multiplier tables added for rail temp. Looks like from factory when these tables are used the offset multiplier is the one that is used. When using ID1000 they have data for the slope multiplier and they are not using the offset they just put 1's in the table. I was really expecting it to not change it too much but it actually changed quite a bit in lower pulswidth. After a readjusted my maf in those low areas I don't have 20% swings in fuel trims anymore and has worked quite well.

Advanced Tuner
    These tables will be in 3.7beta.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    These tables will be in 3.7beta.
    I’m on 3.6.26 right now. I don't see a 3.7/

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I was messing with that stuff last night, it’s not doing exactly what I want it too last night. I’m trying a little more today, I’ll post some resulst. If I can’t figure it out, my mechanic can’t figure it out, and all the tuners I’ve spoke with. I’ll have to do something different with my plans.

Advanced Tuner
    You will have to email support to get 3.7 beta added to your customer center

Senior Tuner
    Its not the Injector data. Every table from the Characterization PDF is filled in the tune exactly.

ID1000.PNG

latestflash.PNG

This is White5.0 ^^^^^

Looking at the log you posted, Your period and MAF values in your tune are not matching. MAF values are about half what they should be. Do you have another MAF sensor You can try?

Scanner MAF.PNG

tuneMAF.PNG

This is from blueprints logs Im assuming MAF curves would not be over 100% different^^^
    Last edited by murfie; 07-29-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Right, i have two different mafs from two different strategies. I loaded that up on a different lay out, corrections were made to the stock value MAF.
    I did a lot of stuff a few days ago. I added to pretty much what every one suggested.
    I was wanting to stay on the file I posted because y'all have seen it. I added to the idle air and a degree. Now the fuel trims are better.
    They still get 29% rich but correct a lot faster than before.
    When I'm cruising and completely let off the throttle, my speed doesn't slow down, there's no doen rev.. Is that too much air?
    I've also noticed stft bank 2, i believe, is fluctuating a lot more than the opposite bank.
    I do not get much time with the car so when i do have time, I'm all over it. Tonight will one of those times.

ID 3 Bar Characterization for ID1000s

I had a problem with trims on a TVS car a year or so ago. I used the 4 BAR ID characterizations and for whatever reason the car responded horribly. ID used to have a 3 BAR charaterization for the ID1000s, but it is no longer on their website (at least I can't locate it). I used the old 3 BAR data and the car ran fine. Just a shot in the dark, but you might want to try these values.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    I had a problem with trims on a TVS car a year or so ago. I used the 4 BAR ID characterizations and for whatever reason the car responded horribly. ID used to have a 3 BAR charaterization for the ID1000s, but it is no longer on their website (at least I can't locate it). I used the old 3 BAR data and the car ran fine. Just a shot in the dark, but you might want to try these values.

I will try that out this morning. I tried data you posted on the first page but the car wouldn't start at all.

I been debating on going back to my stock strategy. As Muncie was saying, some y-axis were different.
    Thinking about it, I compared my two strategies files returned to stock and they show up as they were different.

stratcompare.JPG1strat.JPGsecondstrat.JPG