Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ID1000 Coyote, unsolved.

Senior Tuner
    Have you put a mechanical gauge on the fuel rail yet to see if you're having sudden oscillations in your fuel pressure?

I have spent probably over 100 hours or more combing through the hardware and electrical of the car, very OCD lol. I'm talking peeling back loom, looking for loose pins, cut wires etc etc. everything is solid

Again:

New OEM widebands
    New OEM MAF
    New spark plugs
    New Engine harness
    Swapped in a known good throttle body
    Swapped in known good Injectors

This is only exists, idle, AC off. Once AC is turned on it goes away, as weird as that is. Driving is fine AC off or on no weirdness.

I will check the output of the sensors, that I have not done. Fuel pressure has been verified multiple times with a mechanical gauge. Going to give it another once over this weekend.

All ears though.

Senior Tuner
    It's it possible swap one of the good cars ecu into the car with the issue?

Do you know what all needs to be done for that to happen? I do have the ECU originally from this engine.

Does the dealer need to do anything?

Senior Tuner
    I don't know. On other newer cars I have just swapped ecus with no issue. Not sure why the mustang would be different.

Have you tried rebuilding the tune again from scratch starting with the stock file? I had a glitch in a file that caused my ECU to relearn ethanol content randomly while driving. Rebuilding the tune from the stock file got rid of whatever was corrupt and fixed it.

Long story short. Guy bought the car which was already tuned NA. Never received SCT device to get stock file. So pretty much stuck without it unless we take it to dealer for a stock reflash which is not cheap around here.

Pondered the idea of using a Canadian file from the repository. But I would have to license it, not knowing if that will even cure the problem. I do feel as if somehow someway this file got corrupt over the many VCM and tube updates I've done.

I guess the next step will be to see if I can get the other ECU put in this car.

After buying 6 o2 sensors chasing my Flex Fuel problem, and watching a corrupt file do it the whole time, I randomly will rebuild a tune from the stock file just because I'm paranoid. At least I won't be buying o2 sensors for a long time lol

Not saying it is your problem, this discussion is a bit out of my league. But, it's something to consider.

Advanced Tuner
    Mine has not been unbolted from the frame or anything, but I too have tried everything from sensors, brand new OEM o2 sensors to coils, to exhaust, to swapping manifolds, throttle body?s, everything.
    For my car, it all comes down to the stock injectors work, ID1000?s do not work as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    It's it possible swap one of the good cars ecu into the car with the issue?
    Is that all it takes or is there anything extra I would need to do?? A friend has a 2014 with the same mods. Blew his motor on a reputable mail order tune. Can I take his 14 ECM and put it in my 12 with no problems?

I have the torque tables now and will post back with a log here shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    This is only exists, idle AC off. Once AC is turned on it goes away, as weird as that is. Driving is fine AC off or on no weirdness.
    Strange you say that, my car also runs better with the A/C on. It straighten itself out. But it will rev a few hundred on it?s own. But my main priority is getting the fuel trims right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev1360 View Post
    After buying 6 o2 sensors chasing my Flex Fuel problem, and watching a corrupt file do it the whole time, I randomly will rebuild a tune from the stock file just because I'm paranoid. At least I won't be buying o2 sensors for a long time lol

Not saying it is your problem, this discussion is a bit out of my league. But, it's something to consider.
    How would I know if I have a corrupt file? I?ve swapped strategies. I can go back to my stock strategy.
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 08-10-2017 at 12:54 AM.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...nts-Suggestion

Just read through that thread. Gives me more confidence that this is not a tune issue.But more a corrupt file, strategy communication issue, especially this being na Canadian PCM using a US strategy.

Btw how many credits did it cost you to swap strategies. I've read six? Was that the case?

Advanced Tuner
    I read through it and there's a few "realiable strategies" listed in there that I'm not sure if I should try out or not. I'm not sure about the Canadian PCM, a friend has his attached to a car with a hole in the side of the block that I might ask try out. But I think there are security features with the key that would prevent me from doing a straight swap, not sure I haven't swapped PCM's before. But if it would work, I'd ask him to try it out.

I made a few logs, These logs are not as bad as usual. I start with "1" ofcourse, all I did between the three right was adjust the maf based on the results.
    "2" has a very small WOT with a Fault code and one O2 reading .77 and the other reading .68.
    And the third log just decided to go lean on me. The logs are around 3 minutes just to keep them short.
    I'll do more and adjust the maf and see how what happens

ChangedTorqueTables.hpltt1.hpltt2.hpltt3.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    The last log I did last night was ?TT3.? I didn?t change anything at all this morning. Compare the startup idle of TT3, to the log I made the next morning. I have MAF Temp Compensation zeroed out.

If you remember, the idle would get rough when my Throttle Angle was less than .0265. Not now, my car must be having a good day, today. This is how I?m chasing my tail. I went from running 25% lean, to running within 5% rich with no changes made at all.

?TT5,? no changes made in the file.

tt3.hpl
    tt4.hpl
    tt5.hpl

Now I will change MAF and hope it will stay.

Although my fuel system is different. I too would get it semi close, next day wacky again.

I caved and licensed a 2011 file, since I am not positive on what all is needed to swap PCMs.

I plan on ONLY putting in injector values and manually typing in the MAF curve that I know works for this setup. We will see how it goes.

Advanced Tuner
    Good luck on that.

WOT I was getting an AFR reading between 9.8 to 12.5 on pump gas. The fuel trims would do the same thing WOT as it at idle. The graph looked like a wave. I'm just not understanding.

My MAF changes are not doing anything. There were times I was adjusting MAF and my STFT were lean, so i made the changed and it got more lean. made the changed again and it went even more lean.

I'll be having a buddy tear my motor down for a swap and build this winter. Not sure if it's strategy or pcm or mechanical. The car runs real good and strong with stock injectors. Something with swapping injectors. I've already tried or did try everyone's suggestions.. I'm still open for suggestions and I'llbe working on it this weekend.

Since I'm impatient, any one know a good strategy?
    Can I swap a 2014 pcm into my 2012?

2013 Roush Strategy FPDW3FA works like a charm (at least on a blower car). FPDN0A3 and other variants from the 2012 Mustangs work well, with one caveat. The stock OEM OSIDs for the 2012 Mustang GT do not support the IAT2 PID (not an issue with an NA car). Correct and steady MAF transfer function and no other weird driveability issues with the Roush OSID. I also remember that some time ago, txcharlie posted a list of OSIDs that work well. You might want to search for that post.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Well. I'm not sure what to think.

Licensed a completely new strategy. All I did was change injector values. Problem still was there at idle, went away with AC on. Made a few adjustments, nothing seemed to help.

Went back to old strategy. Thought let me try crank relearn again, maybe something is not right with that, since I know pretty much everything is referenced off crank degrees. Well nothing changed, but it got me thinking, what if something did not sync properly and the injectors are spraying at the incorrect time, possibility?

Upon trying crank relearn. It set the p0315 non erasable. I have since returned to stock, light still on. However I was eventually able to get the relearn to let me try again after many attempts of reloading tune. Says relearn successful, however the light is still on and I get one DTC code every time. So I'm assuming while it says successful that may just mean the procedure has run its course however it still is not relearned properly. Again this is just my assumption.

Now, I kept playing with the AC. On/off over and over. Watching pulsewidth, throttle angle, MAF lb min, spark. Like clock work as soon as the AC comes on, bam widebands reading 1.0 stft in acceptable range.

I setup idle air the best I could to mimic what I was seeing in the scanner.Didn't help much.

I then dial back the spark to -3, and all the sudden my widebands were as close to if not at 1.0 as they have ever been with fuel trims +/-3 %. That just makes no sense to me. This tune as is has been on a few vehicle with MINOR changes, runs perfect. This tune was on this exact engine just in another car, ran perfect.

Only since transferring this engine, did this idle fuel/fuel trim issue come about. The first thing I did upon firing this engine up in said new car was the relearn, which came back successful, never thought anything about it after that. But it crossed my mind today while messing around. Maybe something happened during the procedure and has now stored that into the PCM.

It just makes zero sense. This tune is spot on in other cars with same setup, was spot on with this engine just in another car, I changed strategies with the only changes being the injector values, SAME ISSUE on a 100% factory Ford tune.

Something is not right. I have contacted ID and they assure me those injector values posted are 100% accurate.
    Last edited by Blueprint; 08-14-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Blueprint - I just ran into a bug in the software which I don't see how you couldn't have run into, as well.

The offset vs battery voltage table in 3 OS's that I have checked is capped at 0.00796 MS which is wrong, that is seconds it should be limited at, should be limited at 7.96ms.

For ID1000 your offset vs battery in ms units should be:

Volts sec ms
    6.00 0.003655 3.655
    7.00 0.003240 3.24
    8.00 0.002752 2.752
    9.00 0.002240 2.24
    10.00 0.001819 1.819
    11.00 0.001550 1.55
    12.00 0.001379 1.379
    13.00 0.001240 1.24
    13.50 0.001178 1.178
    14.00 0.001120 1.12
    14.50 0.001068 1.068
    15.00 0.001020 1.02

You would have hit the same limit I did trying to input those values. I checked some other older OS, such as the 2007 GT500 and isn't an issue in those, so looks like a bug or bad coding. I sent an email to support to fix the limit.

You should go back and make sure you didn't ever second values from the ID info in the ms units of the tune.

Isn't the tune asking for the data in seconds in the offset vs battery? Which would be ok since I can input that directly from ID chart.

Or is there an issue since when converted to MS the .00796 limit would cause everything to exceed that limit.......

I'm working with id1700

However ID has their data listed is exactly how I entered it into the tune. Will give everything a look over once I get home.

Senior Tuner
    in my stock tune, my whipple OS, and my FRPP OS, all three had a max limit of 0.00796ms or 0.00000796 seconds. So I am sitting here stuck and car will not run until the cap is updated by HP Tuners.

Its quirky because when you open HP Tuners on a stock tune, it appears like the offset table it shows for stock injectors is in seconds but actually its ms values but units in the editor are showing seconds. Its all F'd up.

The only good working offset tables I have found are for all the auto OS's. Is yours an auto?