Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: ID1000 Coyote, unsolved.

This is currently how my injector values are entered.

Last edited by Blueprint; 08-18-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    in my stock tune, my whipple OS, and my FRPP OS, all three had a max limit of 0.00796ms or 0.00000796 seconds. So I am sitting here stuck and car will not run until the cap is updated by HP Tuners.

Its quirky because when you open HP Tuners on a stock tune, it appears like the offset table it shows for stock injectors is in seconds but actually its ms values but units in the editor are showing seconds. Its all F'd up.

The only good working offset tables I have found are for all the auto OS's. Is yours an auto?

A little confusing for me hahaha, I hope you are correct though. This has become a giant headache for me.

I also came across this thread and another which I cannot locate at this time. But kind of the same issue crazy trims, runs fine on one car not another.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...pt-tuning-file

I really wish HPtuners had better support. Seems to be hit or miss on what they are willing to help you with. I also wish some of the guys would pop in threads more often.
    Last edited by Blueprint; 08-18-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Can you take a better pic of the offset table? Can't see the units top right. Those values DO NOT look Right

I have attached that table in both seconds and ms.

iD1700 return system e85
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Not your issue, looks fine to me

White5.0,

Did you ever fix/find the issue?

Ive seen quite a few threads popping up regarding rich idle.

Advanced Tuner
    I have not figured it out. I did find a weird pattern though. I compared it to a friend's logs.

Well, I'm trying to upload some stuff but the option isn't here.

My stft 2 and maf period are very rigid, low to high real fast. Stft 1 is pretty even and flow through the chart. My o2 sensors read pretty close close to each other, which for my car now.
    I'm in the car now and at idle, STFT 1 +11 - +14 slowly
    STFT 2 is -8 to 4 very fast
    Maf period is 590 to 640 jist as fast as STFT 2 . Very rapid.
    both O2 are. 95 and 1.08.

My o2s have less than 300 miles, MAF sensor is about 3 weeks old.
    I'll adjust the MAF now, and maybe I'll be able to post back with the files.

Advanced Tuner
    I still can't upload.

Well my maf period is starting out around 475, it roughly climbs up to 630 in 30 seconds, then drops back down to 475 and does it again. Some times when it drops down to 475, the o2s will 0 out for less than a second.

Advanced Tuner
    This is just a little bit more of what I was able to found out, I have not found a reason behind this enrichment in bank 2 or maybe it's bank 1 running lean?

I installed my stock injectors back on, and now the problem is still there. BUT, three months ago, I put the stock injectors on and it worked like a charm, my car can't idle right to save itself from a part-out. With the stock injectors on, I"m finding weird patterns.

STFT 2 and the MAF keep the similar patterns on the graph that form edges and change very fast.
    Bank_MAF.JPG

STFT 1 is doing it's own thing with a slower change.
    Bank1.JPG

The MAF period keeps a climb and drop pattern, with the O2 usually dropping.
    perioddraw.jpg

I'm not sure if this one is a scanner problem, but I caught one of my O2's going whack, never seen this before.
    prob1.JPG

Here is a few more.

MAF_strange4.JPGMAF_strange3.JPGMAF_strange2.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    The other day I was spraying around the intake manifold checking for a leak and my o2s completely went out of whack and my car idled the best STFT yet.
    stft_right.JPG

The O2's are still new. They have never done this before.

o2_out.hpl

You went into closed loop fault is why.

Advanced Tuner
    I know that much. I'm trying to find a solution to the entire problem.
    Some people can read logs like a book.

Senior Tuner
    have you taken a multi meter to your connectors on the harness where the O2 plug in. Check for ohms and continuity. I've found broken wires in side a perfectly good looking jacket. Probably from being pinched, pulled on, or stretched.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure your injectors are seated in the manifold correctly? Take a retaining clip off of one and see if you can move it up and down. If so it's possible they are leaking around the seals and the fuel rail bosses need to be cut down to allow the injector to seat. This is a known issue with Boss and CJ manifolds.

Advanced Tuner
    I have not taken a multimeter to it yet. That will be what I do next time I'm home.
    I have shortened the fuel rail spacers around 1/8" shorter than stock.
    I also have my stock injectors in.

Does any one know what this plug/wire/ground is found at the back of the motor on the head I believe? It looks like it goes to the wiring harness to me.
    I took these pictures of the passenger side, because i couldn't get the driver side off.

This picture you can barely see the white clip of the connection.
    Screenshot_20170911-145312.jpg

Screenshot_20170911-145222.jpg
    Screenshot_20170911-145236.jpg
    Screenshot_20170911-145242.jpg

When I was spraying the bad side (driver side) for leaks, i think i got this sensor wet and caused it to fault. It looks like part of the control pack or engine harness. I believe it has a ground on it. Sorry, I'm not with the car right now.
    Aside from the multimeter and this sensor or connection is what I'm attempting next.

It's hard to tell from your pictures, but the 5V supply for the radio is located behind the passenger head. The connector is similar for that feed.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    There is one behind both heads. The passenger side was the only one I can get lose for a picture but I was able to unplug the driver side, just not get it lose from the motor. I'm not sure what it goes to, honestly. I'll be back with the car tomorrow. Here's another picture I have from a friends car. It's just something in the vicinity of my spray that got wet for sure, and the O2's just happen to fault.

wiresunderhood_Moment.jpg
    wiresunderhood.jpg
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 09-12-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: switch pics

Ignition capacitor.
    http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInst...10-558-109.pdf

Some engines I have seen them unplugged. Ive seen some with one on each head,I have also seen some with just one on the passenger head both 100% factory.

Also ive seen a controls pack harness and it also had a single one on the passenger head.

Senior Tuner
    The fact that the crank sensor is also right below it, I would be suspect of it as well. Randomly dropping a crank signal will certainly cause bad fueling issues. I would be checking all that wiring back there and sensor connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    There is one behind both heads. The passenger side was the only one I can get lose for a picture but I was able to unplug the driver side, just not get it lose from the motor. I'm not sure what it goes to, honestly. I'll be back with the car tomorrow. Here's another picture I have from a friends car. It's just something in the vicinity of my spray that got wet for sure, and the O2's just happen to fault.

wiresunderhood_Moment.jpg
    wiresunderhood.jpg
    So when you sprayed the intake did the ft go good or did they go to hell? If you have a small vacuum leak at the intake gaskets when you spray it the ft should change if theres a leak. Ive had this happen on many ls engines.
    GOD HELP US ALL....