Thread: 5.0 MAF tuning help

5.0 MAF tuning help

Can't find a simple answer on our forum. So here is a chance for a simple thread to help myself and others.

Can someone provide an example for setting up a table for STFT + LTFT on a 5.0? Table will be used for simple maf tuning. Screenshot/Tell column,row,and parameter required please

Scanner Version 3.4
    Tuning '15 Mustang GT
    3500 Swapped Pontiac Grand Am GT
    Simply Modded But Dont Call Her Stock

You use sct software? If so setting up histograms is a diff process and sct uses hz for maf i think? Hp uses period
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Advanced Tuner
    Searh, I have posted the histogram multiple times in multiple threads. The MAF period values you copy from your tune so you end up logging correctly, then past it into the histogram
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Searh, I have posted the histogram multiple times in multiple threads. The MAF period values you copy from your tune so you end up logging correctly, then past it into the histogram

Thanks for this!

Easier said than done sometimes

Tips:
    *Make sure you are logging maf airflow period in channels
    *Copy all period values from your maf airflow vs period table into the custom table you are creating on the row axis
    *Once you have logged some data paste (multiply % half) into the maf airflow vs period table. Upload tune, rinse and repeat as desired
    Last edited by SlowButFast; 07-21-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    3500 Swapped Pontiac Grand Am GT
    Simply Modded But Dont Call Her Stock

3 year old thread but with Version 4.4.4 doesn't work copying your period values from your tune to the scanner. The values look like they have 1 decimal place but when pasted they have 13 decimal places and won't stay in the scanner. I had to enter the values manually. I don't know why things work in one version and then not in another.

ECM 44317.png

ECM 44317 Copy .png

ECM 44317 pasted 13 decimal places.png

Tuner in Training
    It works fine for me. Right click on the top left most corner of the MAF table (top picture posted) and copy row axis labels. I think what you're doing is clicking on the "period" link from the MAF table and trying to copy those column values.

Hope this helps.

MAF Transfer example.png
    Last edited by Chris671; 03-22-2020 at 05:26 PM. Reason: add picture

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarylsswapper View Post
    3 year old thread but with Version 4.4.4 doesn't work copying your period values from your tune to the scanner. The values look like they have 1 decimal place but when pasted they have 13 decimal places and won't stay in the scanner. I had to enter the values manually. I don't know why things work in one version and then not in another.

ECM 44317.png

ECM 44317 Copy .png

ECM 44317 pasted 13 decimal places.png
    Use notepad. Copy and paste your maf period into notepad. Then highlight the large space in between your values and ctrl+c. Click Edit > Replace and paste it into the first box. In the second box, hit the space bar then click Replace All.
    If you're logging or using sct, instead of the one space, use a comma and hit replace all.

Thanks Chris671 and Thatwhite5.0 for your help in this. I thought at one point in time the way I described worked. Obviously not.

Thanks Rick