Thread: New guy with issues with existing tune.

Tuner in Training

New guy with issues with existing tune.

I do not like to work on things that I do not understand and this is one of them. I'm presently running a 2007 Sky Redline with a Trifecta tune. I put on a larger turbo and the car is running "fairly well". I have small problems that I could easily fix with HP Tuners. Check eng. over boost etc. I want to get away from Trifecta so I can make changes myself. Much faster.

Now my problem. I do not have the original stock tune, long story. If my friend sends me his stock tune I'm guessing it will not load because of the VIN. Is this correct??

If I could find someone to send me a GM perf. tune that was uploaded with HPT could I down load it or again is the VIN going to be an issue?? I see were you guys share tunes so I am guessing the VIN does not come into play.

So my next question his where do I go from here ??? I'm checking into Hahn sending me a tune to download but it is taking a while.

My son can help me with the computer issues and I can turn a wrench with the best of them so I hope to be well soon

Larry

If you have the trifecta cable, you can install the stock tune back into the car. From there you read your stock tune with hptuners.

Trifecta does not allow you to read their files, so you have to go back to stock with their cable. I had to do this when i got rid of my trifrcta tune and started tuning myself.

Tuner in Training
    I do have the Trifecta cable but do not have my stock tune. The disc crashed on the computer where it was stored and I had no other backup. Won't do that again.

Advanced Tuner
    Email Trifecta and they can send you the stock tune.

Plan "B", the stealership should be able to flash you back to stock.

Plan "C" is brute force method, get your friends tune and use the new ridiculous-awesome-great-featured that is the compare function in the VCM Editor. Load the friends tune as a compare file, then it highlights all differences then you can easily copy/paste each change, hence why I call it brute force.
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE: Thanks for the replies. Making some progress here. Discovered the Trifecta tune file also had the stock file with it. Good news.

I'm starting to tune the stock tune from info, videos and posts I have found here. Seems to be going pretty well so far.

I'm sure I will have a lot more questions so stand by.

Larry

Larry