Thread: Fuel pump pressure qustion

Tuner in Training

Fuel pump pressure qustion

Hi, im just about to pull the trigger and purchase the VCM suite.
    I have a question though.
    I have a low fuel pressure issue i need to resolve.
    Will the software monitor or log fuel pressure on a run in my 2005 Corvette C6?
    I have a manual fuel pressure Guage but cannot use it on a run, it wont reach into cabin.
    Thanks in advance

Does your vehicle have a fuel pressure sensor from the factory?

I don't know my corvettes that well but it would have to have one to be able to read it. All the newer ones have it for sure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Does your vehicle have a fuel pressure sensor from the factory?

I don't know my corvettes that well but it would have to have one to be able to read it. All the newer ones have it for sure.
    I am not 100% sure on that, perhaps someone with more knowledge will confirm that.....
    I know it has fuel level sensors in each tank but not sure of fuel pressure....

Tuner in Training
    Just got this from the manual

Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
    The fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor measures the difference between the pressure or vacuum in the fuel tank and outside air pressure. The control module provides a 5-volt reference and a ground to the FTP sensor. The FTP sensor provides a signal voltage back to the control module that can vary between 0.1-4.9 volts. A high FTP sensor voltage indicates a low fuel tank pressure or vacuum. A low FTP sensor voltage indicates a high fuel tank pressure.

The 05 Vettes have the E40, same as the 05-06 GTOs. They obviously have different fueling systems but on my GTO I do not have a fuel pressure sensor anywhere. I do have the fuel tank pressure, but that only measures the pressure of the fuel tank for EVAP purposes. If you wanted to monitor fuel pressure you would need to add a sensor and tie it in to an existing input on the ECM or add it to an analog input on the Pro interface.