Thread: 2016 vmp 5.0 IPC Tq error 1600.

2016 vmp 5.0 IPC Tq error 1600.

I'm having a issue with anything around half throttle and it falls on its face and I have to reflash to even be able to drive. IPC TQ ERROR IS ALL GOOD TILL LIKR 3500RPM AND IT JUMPS TO 1600 AND KILLS IT
    Last edited by BoostedYote; 07-23-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Here is a log. I am dialing in the maf atm using fuel trims
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Max out your ENGINE>AIRFLOW>ELECTRONIC THROTTLE>MISC>Wheel Tq Error Max to 100,000.

This will allow you to keep driving and not go into limp mode while you dial in your MAF. That said you WILL have to go back and dial in your Engine Torque and Inverse Torque, as well as your throttle body predicted throttle angle and effective area tables.

I think I actually have that set to 30,000

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    I think I actually have that set to 30,000
    You will still cross that setting in short order. Set it above 75,000 and max out your IPC Torque Max and zero out your IPC Torque min until you get through your MAF tuning to avoid limp mode.

What's the best way to tune the torque inverse tables?

Senior Tuner
    Inverse tables are just that, mathematical inverses of the corresponding Engine Torque Tables. You can do the calculations in excel, do a search and a few have posted templates.

You tune the Engine Torque tables by adjusting the percent error you are seeing of engine brake torque versus etc torque request. So for example, if your engine brake torque is 100 but you are commanding 125, then you have a 20% error (125-100)/100. Since your engine is producing 20% LESS torque than you are asking for, you would need to raise your engine torque by 20% or multiply by 1.20 in the area of the table you are seeing the error. Just understand, these tables DO NOT make the engine produce more or less torque, you are simply aligning the model of torque to your right foot. NOW, if you start adjusting your Driver Demand tables AFTER you have resolved your torque errors, you can actually change how much power the PCM delivers given your right foot position.

The Engine Torque tables are torque by rpm by load. The inverse tables are load by torque by rpm. All the same info, just on different axis.

ALL of this assumes you have perfect throttle body predictive throttle angle and effective area tables. If not, you have another input to the model that is unknown and becomes very difficult to try and tune around. There are a plethora of VMP scans floating around here on the forum, I would search or post up for someone to provide you a base tune flash. That would at least set your throttle body and engine torque tables correctly.

I am using the Roush 727 TB data for my twin 60mm and using those torque tables to

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    I am using the Roush 727 TB data for my twin 60mm and using those torque tables to
    Sorry for my ignorance but do you actually have the twin 60mm TB on your TVS?

It appears so yes. Was on the car when purchased. Looks identical to 13-14 Gt500 rb

Senior Tuner
    Post a copy of the tune

Here is the file
    Attached Files Attached Files