Thread: Need help: Graph error during dyno runs (picture inside)

Need help: Graph error during dyno runs (picture inside)

Hopefully some of you could help.
    We are using RaceRender to overlay our Dynamometer videos with the corresponding data from our Mustang Dyno - so far so good. Usually everything is working great and we have no problems at all. But especially concerning Porsche dyno runs it happens that the mapped data has kind of an interruption. I tried to show you the problem in the picture below. As you can see the red Kw graph stops at around 350kW and restarts at 0kW whereas everything else is running fine. This already happend with two other Porsche dyno runs (other Porsche models). There is no error in our test data and I even tried to hand write the data in an Excel sheet to create a new one.

I would really appreciate any help.

Porsche RaceRender Failure.PNG

My first guess would be that there's either a zero or other low value in the data, or something that's being interpreted as such, but it's very hard to say without seeing the data.

If you could send the dyno data .CSV file and the RaceRender project file (.RRP) to me at Info@ RaceRender.com, I can take a look and get a better idea of what's causing this...

Great, thank you. I already sent you the data, hope you can find a solution.

Thank you for sending the data files. I believe I see the cause...

Your input data files had been configured to map torque (Drehmoment, Nm) into "Vehicle Position Z (Altitude)", and power (Motorleist, kW) into "Vehicle Heading", and then your Time Graph and Text Data displays were set to use the corresponding "(Altitude)" and "(Heading)" shortcuts.

Although this type of remapping does work in many cases, it is an added step that shouldn't be needed, and the use of the Heading field was causing some undesirable special processing to occur here... It was being interpreted as a 0-360 degree directional heading, so that's why it went to zero when your kW reading exceeded 360.

Everything should work as intended if you do the following:

1) Double-click on each of your data files in the Input Files list, to open its configuration screen, and set both "Vehicle Position Z (Altitude)" and "Vehicle Heading" back to "(Automatic)" for all of your input files.

2) Double-click on each of your Time Graph and Text Data displays, to open its properties box, and set change the Field selection to "Drehmoment" for anything that was set to "(Altitude)", and "Motorleist" for "(Heading)".

In a future update, we hope to have expanded support for dyno data and make it easier to create these kinds of video overlays. In the meantime, please be sure to assign the "Field" selection of your displays directly to the corresponding field name that's in your data files.