Thread: Most friendly Wideband to hook up and use

Tuner in Training

Most friendly Wideband to hook up and use

Like the title says, which will hook in to the bung on the LT's for permanent install and act like the NB and play nice with me and hpt?, dont mind paying extra for one I dont have a 3 week learning curve attached to, any thoughts or help will be appreciated

Senior Tuner
    I am biased towards the AEM model. It does exactly what you are looking for. With four wires to hook up only, it is the best solution (IMHO). It has a power, ground, narrowband output (for the stock harness), and wideband output to a gauge. I currently use this setup for tuning. It is great for swapping between cars quickly and easily, or to just set in a vehicle permanently.

I'll say the LC1 is easier....
    power and ground via a cig lighter adapter...
    analog outs and ground on cable of their own...
    simple connection quick connect for the sensor just like everybody else...and its easy to run the extension cable thru wherever on teh car because of its smaller size

not too bad of a price either..

though I personally use and LC1 and I made a custom box to make life easier for hookup
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    I am biased towards the AEM model. It does exactly what you are looking for. With four wires to hook up only, it is the best solution (IMHO). It has a power, ground, narrowband output (for the stock harness), and wideband output to a gauge.

Thanks for the responses

12Sec
    Can you hook up the AEM to the HPT or do you have to use the gauge, the hpt advantage is the data logging ability

SE
    probably looks harder than it is in your how to..., the AEM looks easier for hook up?

I never said the LC1 was easy...I said the LM1 was easy..LOL

Lm1 is 2 wires plus a cig lighter plug.....and then just getting under your car to put the sensor in your pipes
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Can you hook the lm1 to hpt?

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

you can hook up any device that has a maximum 5v output...
    widebands usually are a 0~5v range or just shy of 5v for their max value//
    so yes....

all you have to do is know what PID to put in (many are alredy in the HPT software for popular widebands and its ready for straight out of the box use)
    or you need to be able to create a custom PID...which there is a post on the EIO stickies about it
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    I have my AEM to power up with the cigarette lighter port (purchased from Radio Shack), then I hooked up the wideband output signal from the AEM Gauge to the HPTuners E I/O (selected the HPTuners - AEM config in the scanner's E I/O). Took me a whole minute to wire up and install it. Unlike most other widebands, the AEM gauge is the controller, where as others have a seperate controller from the gauge. Yes, you need to use the gauge. What I also like is you do not need to fabricate any connections to simulate a narrowband (stock) O2 sensor output (0V-1V) signal, AEM provides one for you. If you wanted to use it for such.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    What I also like is you do not need to fabricate any connections to simulate a narrowband (stock) O2 sensor output (0V-1V) signal, AEM provides one for you. If you wanted to use it for such.

Any advise on doing this on my '00 Corvette? I'm wanting to remove the factory pre-cat narrowband & install the AEM wideband in its place.
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports