Thread: 5200+ Worried knock

5200+ Worried knock

HI

I have C7 14 with H/C with V3 supercharge, has unreasonable knock above RPM 5200, 5+ knock so I decide to add Alky to reduce the stress on injector but same result

C7 14
    38% overlobe fuel
    ported Head
    V3 vortech (A&A) 6.5 PSI

LT4 has been add it recently but no different

the car making 650Whp to 670Whp without meth and make more almost 20 Whp till 5200 Rpm and knock start occurred

Im not able to exceed 25Mpg ( I can go more even 28-30Mpg but after 25 there fuelcut)

short log with last file shows how the knock its happen

dose thats knock comes from injectors ??

1.9 meth.hpt
    kock.hpl

is this problem are related with 2014 model only ???

Never had any issues and I've tuned enough to unlock the 14s... I'll take a look later if I have time

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Seems like your air model is off. Did you reduce the airflow to account for the meth?

I have reduce the airflow after meth upgrade ( Alky 2 nozzle), but not luck

I have tried to play with camshaft timing and Injector timing but same result, in knock area Im getting little black smoke

the injector are close to 4.5 so did I need to upgrade to the LT4 injectors ??

You really should be pulling fuel from the Pe table to compensate for the meth. Pulling it from the maf messes with the torque model. I think you should start there. Not sure what size meth nozzles you have but dual nozzles on 6.5 psi might be too much.