Thread: '03 L36 CLT Location

Tuner in Training

'03 L36 CLT Location

Hello everybody, this is my first post, so please bare with me.

I have a 3800 on a stand that I've started modifying for a special swap project. The goal I am after is to make it run on a test stand in RWD form. However, I chose to do this the hard way. I don't like the look nor the inferior plenum of the F-body intake, so I flipped the FWD intake. My progress picture is posted below. As you can see, my CLT sensor will not fit in the original spot right under the t-stat because it runs right into the water port. My question: How close to the thermostat does the sensor need to be? As long as the probe is still in the line of flow, would moving it to the right side of the intake be okay? I don't see why not as there likely won't be much of a difference in temp only a couple inches away. I hope some of you tuning gurus will be able to help. Thanks in advance!

Progress 1.jpg

I shouldn't matter if you put in on the other side or somewhere else in the LIM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't think so either. I just didn't know if it was put there by GM because they could, or if it was absolutely necessary. I try to overthink rather than underthink!