Thread: Strange values in Gear/Tire Wizard

Potential Tuner

Strange values in Gear/Tire Wizard

Hi everyone!

I have a case open with HP Tuners but they have been unable to resolve this so far so I thought I'd ask here too.

I have a 2007 Chevy Avalanche that had over sized wheels/tires on it when I bought it. Because of this the speedo and traction control are not happy.

I went into VCM Editor and opened up Gear/Tire Wizard to try and fix this, but for the 'current' values it shows Tire Size: 6.12 Gear Ratio: 1.00

I went to the repository and pulled down a stock tune from somebody else and was surprised to find the same data in those boxes! Can anyone help me figure out what to put in here to get things calibrated correctly?

Details on the stock vs current tires: According to glove box code though the rear end is a 3.73 and stock tire size was P265/70R17 which I calculate as a tire diameter of 31.6".

I know what I have on there now are 275/65R20 which I calculate as diameter of 34.1".

Thanks!

Some calibrations are just like that.

You are going to have to manually calculate the VSS tires revs per in the speedo tab for the size tires you are running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So if I update those 4 values after doing the math, it will take care of the speedo/transmission? (my understanding was that the wizard actually made some changes to the transmission shift behavior too, but could be wrong because I'm pretty new at this)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Potential Tuner
    Here is my tune file if that helps at all. I'm just not sure exactly what I need to change.
    Attached Files Attached Files