Thread: Raptor PIDs incorrect?

Tuner in Training

Raptor PIDs incorrect?

I've been logging my Raptor a lot lately, and I think a few of the PIDs may be off. I've noticed that boost seems to be doubled (when compared to MAP), so I created a user maths PID to divide "boost" by 2, and now it reads right.

I've also noticed that the target EQ ratio seems to be wrong under load. I set my target lambda to 0.75, and my two EQs show exactly 0.75 across the entire pull, while the EQ commanded shows values sometimes richer, and sometimes leaner. When the value shows richer--for example 0.68--my STFT is increasingly pulling fuel out, which tells me it is correctly targeting the 0.75 I told it to target, and the PID for EQ CMD is not correct. Perhaps it's referencing a specific target table that is not actually the final target value?

Has anyone else noticed either of these?

The MAP is probably pressure absolute, not doubled gauge pressure like your thinking. That being said you would want to subtract 1 atmosphere, or ~14.7 psi, or 101.325 kPa, or 1 bar.....not divide by 2.

As far as the fueling, sounds like your hitting the max enrichment clip. But I havent touched the newer calibrations yet so couldnt be sure. Good luck.

You should post up logs if you really want someone to help you.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by roastin300 View Post
    The MAP is probably pressure absolute, not doubled gauge pressure like your thinking. That being said you would want to subtract 1 atmosphere, or ~14.7 psi, or 101.325 kPa, or 1 bar.....not divide by 2.

As far as the fueling, sounds like your hitting the max enrichment clip. But I havent touched the newer calibrations yet so couldnt be sure. Good luck.

Nope. I mean literally MAP * 2.0. The negative values are doubled, as well. As for the target lambda, it's not any sort of clip, because it exactly follows the WOT target lambda table. I'll try to post some logs later.

Quote Originally Posted by roastin300 View Post

Can you please write the parameters for the actual boost PID?