Thread: interface ID changed itself in new 3.6

Potential Tuner

interface ID changed itself in new 3.6

This morning I was flashing my 2013 camaro and half way through the flash (write only) the program stopped and became unresponsive. I followed the online procedure but would not write. It said unlicesed vehicle. So i tried reading the ecu and it told me to purchase a license and i did but it didn't give me a file to tune or reload to the ecu. After much troubleshooting I discovered the device ID changed in my hptuners 3.6 program by 1 number.

So now my ecu is showing a different serial number after the failed tune and a different OS. I cannot communicate with my ecu either. Apparently the last 2 credits I had left were used with a different userface ID number and would not write, giving me "unlicensed vehicle" error. I uninstalled the 3.6 and installed again and after putting in my application key, my ID was correct but the damage was already done. so now a "Bricked ecu" and 2 credits later I'm out of town and no car... Any advice or thoughts?

You're going to have to contact support for this one. Our team can look into it further in-depth for you.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    I have. Waiting for response.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone know what time tech support opens? Haven't recived a reply back yet. A little important and expensive taking uber to and from work everyday.

What's your ticket #?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner