Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle Oscillation Jeep SRT Whipple

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Engine Diag>General>Max PWM Cnt, change that value from 80 to 100 and see if that makes a difference.

Where in the log is he throttle oscillating? Is it around 11:57 in the second log?
    I will change that and give it a try.

Yes, at the time you see the PR and IDC looking like it goes nuts. The throttle data stream is slow. I can blip the throttle quickly at idle and you dont even see it hardly in the logs.

So at this point I have been told in so many words that HPT will not fix this problem. Is there any other input before I contact "the other" company?

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tuned ANN back on just for giggles to see how it runs?

yes... same stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jc052685 View Post
    yes... same stuff
    Well crap. Any idea what the issue is? Is there a table that you need to get to but isn't mapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Well crap. Any idea what the issue is? Is there a table that you need to get to but isn't mapped?
    That is what I am being told

Advanced Tuner
    Not true.
    HPT has everything you need to get a good result.
    All the PD blowers will do this, the whipple more so as it is bigger and more aggressive.
    Its a matter of getting the ETC tables to synch with the airflow and TQ values.
    The TB will oscillate when the ETC commands a power % but the resulting airflow/TQ calc then reads too high.
    The TB will close, open, close, open at PT till this is sorted out.
    I have done plenty of these Jeeps, so it can be done.

That is what I am being told

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Not true.
    HPT has everything you need to get a good result.
    All the PD blowers will do this, the whipple more so as it is bigger and more aggressive.
    Its a matter of getting the ETC tables to synch with the airflow and TQ values.
    The TB will oscillate when the ETC commands a power % but the resulting airflow/TQ calc then reads too high.
    The TB will close, open, close, open at PT till this is sorted out.
    I have done plenty of these Jeeps, so it can be done.
    It does the same thing when I get the tq calculation below the expected tq.

However I will gladly try anything you can recommend.

Advanced Tuner
    Problem can be either TQ or airflow related.
    If it is not TQ, then the Airflow needs to be using smaller numbers....sometimes REALLY small to get it to work well.
    Everyone pumps up the airflow numbers and limits but these only apply at WOT.
    PT kinda follows the OE airflow model numbers so that is why it won't allow the TB to stay open.

It does the same thing when I get the tq calculation below the expected tq.

However I will gladly try anything you can recommend.

Had a quick peep at you large range airflow settings I found adjusting this so it expected much higher airflow for a given pos reduced the TB flutter significantly the fact that my curve has a bulge in it in the area that was my target has not caused any real issues ..driving wise reduced the problem say 50 % or more still chasing it tho