Thread: 2000 GTP VE Tuning problems

2000 GTP VE Tuning problems

After putting a rebuilt engine in my car, I am attempting a VE tune with my LC-1 wideband. VE AFR error is working fine, but when I set the MAF Fail High to zero in Engine Diagnostics, and set Closed Loop temp to 284, the car will not run. I have multiplied the VE table by 1.15 to richen the values, and it will not continue running. Any suggestions? Anyone have a modified VE table for a 2000 GTP that I can look at?
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Just unplug the MAF, the IAT is not connected in the MAF harness so it's easier this way.

You'll likely have to pedal the car to life to make it run off the VE table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have tried pedaling it, and it will try to idle but rpm's roll from 1000 to less than 400 and it dies when I put it in gear every time. I bumped up the idle in VCM controls and it still dies when I put it in gear.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

I second 5FDP's advice. No need to set the MAF Fail High to zero on these. You just unplug the MAF on these.

Potential Tuner
    i was just doing this last night...i had to add another 15% to the ve table and pedal it for a little bit to get it to stay running...didn't notice till i got back from a drive that it didn't stay in open loop like you would think...

guess i'll go unplug the maf and try again

Tuner in Training
    It is possible that you car is set to run off alpha n tables and not use the ve table at all my car is a 2000 grand prix GTP and I run in open loop and no maf 24/7 car runs perfectly fine year round there is lots that needs to be changed but it can be done also hptuners doesn't have a few tables witch help out lots if you own a 3800 powered car and are not use ing The Tiny Tuner and Hptuners together or dhp power tuner and The Tiny Tuner together then your missing out The Tiny Tuner is open soure and hass lots of extras we need a New Tiny Tuner Group to finish what was started I've tested lots of tables in tiny tuner bit still lots to test very good editor