Thread: How Much Is Enough

Potential Tuner

How Much Is Enough

Just wondering when to stop. How much power can u request from the engine. What I'm trying to achieve is a kick ass towing tune. I tow around 15,000lbs regularly. And can use all the power. I can get without overworking the engine. And decent Fuel mileage. Not worried about Squeezing out every MPG I can get. But I also don't want to guzzle Fuel. I'm new to this so Any input would be greatly appreciated. Ill post my tune to look at. Let me know what you think. Mods are in my signature. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1352541073; 08-04-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    06 Ram 3500 5.9 Auto 4x4 Flatbed
    B&D Killer B turbo 63mm
    65 HP Nozzles
    Banks Intercooler & Monster Ram Intake
    IAH Delete And Cold air Intake
    Dog ate the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by 1352541073 View Post
    Just wondering when to stop. How much power can u request form engine. What I'm trying to achieve is a kick ass towing tune. I tow around 15,000lbs regularly. And can use all the power. I can get without overworking the engine. And decent Fuel mileage. Not worried about Squeezing out every MPG I can get. But I also don't want to guzzle Fuel. I'm new to this so Any input would be greatly appreciated. Ill post my tune to look at. Let me know what you think. Mods are in my signature. Thanks
    Quick look, you don't have a lot of fuel in it. Instrumentation is how you tell how far to go.
    If you are cautious enough to actually watch your gauges, you can tune it a bit hotter at WOT and back off the throttle when towing heavy loads up long hills.
    If you want to be able to floor it for unlimited time with 15k in tow, go do it, if ECT and EGT stay down, you're not there yet. If ECT and EGT peg out, back off.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Turbo !!! That's the kind of info I'm looking for. As far as fuel I had more fuel in it. +10% in the upper lower and midranges. When I would put my foot in it. It would put out a decent amount of black smoke. Not rolling coal but a steady stream of black smoke. So I put it back to stock. And I put +15% in the top end. I figured with oversized injector nozzles it is already getting more fuel than stock. Maybe the timing is off causing it to smoke. Not really sure were to go with timing. I did advance it and smoothen the table.
    Last edited by 1352541073; 08-04-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    B&D Killer B turbo 63mm
    65 HP Nozzles
    Dog ate the Cat

Potential Tuner
    Kind of off topic but does anyone no how to change user name. Looked in the profile and cant find anywhere it change it. Would like to use name instead of the serial number of my tuner. Thanks
    B&D Killer B turbo 63mm
    65 HP Nozzles
    Dog ate the Cat