Thread: 2016 Buick Envision 2.0T - Auto Stop Disable

Tuner in Training

2016 Buick Envision 2.0T - Auto Stop Disable

Hey everybody,

Anybody have any idea how to disable autostart on a 2016 Buick Envision 2.0T? Such BS that GM didn't put a button to turn it off on these cars...

Thanks!
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTX T/C
    Current: T62-1, S1X, GMR goodies

Tuner in Training
    Did you get anywhere with this?

Tuner in Training
    Nope :-( . Was surprised I didn't get any responses. I haven't email HPT support yet.

Tuner in Training
    im trying to find out the same thing on a 15 malibu, looking thru a stock file i see a drop down menu for hybrid capabilities that has non hybrid, mild hybrid, strong hybrid and start/stop. Im curious if non hybrid was chosen if it would disable it. I have emailed support, I will let you know what they say
    ASE Advanced Level Master certified Tech with 20+ yrs

Tuner in Training
    Awesome - I'd greatly appreciate that. Thank you :-)

Tuner in Training
    This was the reply i got back from support. LOL Kind of a joke really

Thank you for contacting Support

Unfortunately we do not perform any in house tuning or calibration work. If you already own our product and are looking For free tuning advice please visit our user help forum at www.hptuners.com/forum

To directly answer your question I honestly don't know, you might want to ask around on the forum to see if anyone has successfully disabled it.

William Henn
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    ASE Advanced Level Master certified Tech with 20+ yrs

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Hpt does not ever help with tuning information. They deal specifically with access and availability that is it. If you have software issues hit them up, otherwise your not getting anything from them. If you question something then change it. Unfortunately there always has to be a first person and sometimes that's yourself. Good luck with your research.

Tuner in Training
    Bump. Anyone have an update? I'm trying to figure this out on a 2017 Cadillac XT5. I disabled the DOD garbage, but haven't been able to figure out the autostart/stop feature.

wondering the same. 2017 cruze

as I already wrote in another topic, i think it was related to the malibu... hybrid setting does not work properly.
    there is another map for it, but it is not accessable with HPT

Advanced Tuner
    the only way i found to disable autostop is to put the shifter in L and manually shift/click to 6th gear ... it will still drive like D but uses a different set of parameters and wont engage autostop ... otherwise you need to stress the system with ac on max, radio, etc. but not always works ... or gain access to the schematic for the autostop system, yank a fuse and shut the light off
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-18-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Potential Tuner
    a manual mod to disable the hood latch sensor, or in theory, put in a relay to have hood sensor report open when car is started then close it from accessory power... I plan on trying this ... also, if you put a resistor in the outside air temp sensor to report less than 14 degrees or over 131 it would keep it on... although im not sure if that would affect anything else..

here (attachment) are all of the things that MAY or ALWAYS WILL disable auto stop start on an 18 XT5.. maybe this will help someone figure out a tune work around...
    Attached Files Attached Files

This place in the link is making a module to override the GM auto stop-start.

Right now the amount of cars supported is very limited but more models will be added so if your car is not on the list just check every once in a while.

Not cheap at $ 140 - $150 but for some that might be worth it.

https://www.smartstopstart.com/chevy...-products.html

Looks like the 2016 - 2017 & 2018 Buick Envision is supported same for the 17'-18'Cadillac XT5.
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 07-02-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Right now the amount of cars supported is very limited but more models will be added so if your car is not on the list just check every once in a while.

Looks like the 2016 - 2017 & 2018 Buick Envision is supported same for the 17'-18'Cadillac XT5.

Quote Originally Posted by nskaats View Post
    Bump. Anyone have an update? I'm trying to figure this out on a 2017 Cadillac XT5. I disabled the DOD garbage, but haven't been able to figure out the autostart/stop feature.

Advanced Tuner
    Cadillac XT5 Auto-stop will disable if booster vacuum is low. Switch mounted at vacuum booster. Just pump brake at stop and it will force auto-start. Typically one firm pump to floor or maybe two. Toggle shifter to manual and it will force auto-start. Second toggle takes your back to drive. Max. a/c will prevent auto-stop. In Texas, temperature settting at @ 72 degress or colder prevents auto-stop. I would guess any modification of these inputs would solve your issue. Basic rule is that all FWD's (XT5) have no defeat switch. RWD's (sedans) have defeat switches for current ignition cycle, then reset to auto-stop mode after restart/ignition cycle.
    Last edited by DGS; 08-31-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ambient temperature sensor is an input for HVAC performance. If it system sees it's below 32 degrees F, you will likely disable a/c compressor.

If your GM car has a harness for towing, you may disable the auto stop/start if you plug a trailer electrical connector to it.

My 2018 Regal will disengage the stop/start when the AC is ON or if in manual mode.

Potential Tuner
    I bought a 2017 Envision last week and didn't notice the startstop during test drive in the winter cold, maybe it never reached hot idle temps, but it did on the way home, what a nuisance. I almost took the car back, but, after reading here, I raised the hood and disconnected the hood latch connector and got a huge hood warning in the dash so the latch switch obviously has at least two purposes. I went ahead and purchased the smart stop start module. There's only three wires so I probably could have saved myself $139 had I take the time to figure out how to override it myself. one wire is hot (power), one wire is the hood open warning, and the other is startstop. Should have been able to figure it out with three jumper wires and process of elimination, and maybe a voltometer, but I'm just going to install the 'module' now that I have it, and be done with it.