Thread: Timing Calculator Help

Tuner in Training

Timing Calculator Help

Hello everyone. I am looking at the timing calculator and while comparing it to my tune I am completely confused. The excel sheet makes sense but I can't seem to match up all those values in my software (which IS in advanced mode).

Desired fuel pressure, base table: Got this one.

Injector PW Table: I got this one too

Main SOI Table: Got it

Desired % of Main Event before TDC: This is where I am getting confused, where do I find this? Furthermore, what do the 50's represent? 50% split in injection?

Desired timing final: Once I figure out the other stuff, where do I copy this to?

I admit I have a lot more reading to do, but it's kind of tough to understand why the timing calculator isn't matching the tables definitions 100%

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help guys...not.

Got my answers on the EFIlive community

Tuner in Training
    The 50 means 50% of the injection even before TDC.

You should be able to copy it into the timing table if memory serves me correctly. I'm new to this though.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Hello everyone. I am looking at the timing calculator and while comparing it to my tune I am completely confused. The excel sheet makes sense but I can't seem to match up all those values in my software (which IS in advanced mode).

Desired fuel pressure, base table: Got this one.

Injector PW Table: I got this one too

Main SOI Table: Got it

Desired % of Main Event before TDC: This is where I am getting confused, where do I find this? Furthermore, what do the 50's represent? 50% split in injection?

Desired timing final: Once I figure out the other stuff, where do I copy this to?

I admit I have a lot more reading to do, but it's kind of tough to understand why the timing calculator isn't matching the tables definitions 100%
    The 50 is % of fuel before TDC. You change that for where you want your fuel range to be for your tune. and you copy it into the timing table you pasted the values from above. Don't get on here to much sorry i wasn't on sooner could have helped you out. Not to may people get on the dodge side so it takes longer for answer's.
    2005 Dodge 2500
    80% over injectors, 5" turbo back exhaust, HP Tuners, ARP head studs.
    Intake, Tater Built Turbo 67/67, Fleece 750 Powerflow CP3.
    2.5" front lvl kit, 35's on Soto 20x10s

Tuner in Training
    Adding to this, with Bamofo/Tony's calculator (rev 10), where do I find the orange table values - "Current % BTDC" with yellow note on the left as "Desired % of Main Event Before TDC"?

Or do I enter values in the green table below it that is titled "Make sure you setup your desired RPM Scaling Here & Pedal Map!" with note on left in yellow as "Desired % of Main Event Before TDC"?

I take it that it is two different ways to get to the same end (yellow final timing table at bottom)?

I'm also new to this, and am having to sleep on stuff and read alot on CF, HPT, EFILive forums to get it to soak in and try to comprehend what is going on. Hopefully this weekend I'll toss a tune in the '07 - and hopefully nothing goes boom.
    Last edited by super_kev; 02-16-2018 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Clarification

Tuner
    You can ask these questions under the thread and i get email alerts been away from this forum for quiet a while.

So the answer is if you fill in all your "current" stuff, that % before TDC will auto populate. I use it to take all my current maps, put it in to see where its at... because honestly i dont remember if i did it 4 months ago... then i can decide how i want to target my output % btdc.

Hopefully this helps.... PM me if you have a question. Working on a new rev of the tuning calc soon after i finish my current project... then it will work 100%
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI