Thread: LC1 Sensor dead?

Advanced Tuner

LC1 Sensor dead?

ok so aparently free air right now is 7.36:1 AFR.. im thinking just crappy grounds. i will go back to where i had them. on the firewall where the steering column is bolted in. hopefully thats the issue. o yea its also 17-23mv. heres hoping.

Hmmmmmmmm...I have all of my stuff grounded to the engine block when I can. The heater ground needs to be separated from the rest of them, and the rest of them need to be grounded through your EIO pin 5 while logging.

What are you using for your 12V switched source?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    Hmmmmmmmm...I have all of my stuff grounded to the engine block when I can. The heater ground needs to be separated from the rest of them, and the rest of them need to be grounded through your EIO pin 5 while logging.

What are you using for your 12V switched source?
    i checked it out and its reading better than perfect in logworks. could a melted o2 sim wire do it?

Hmmmmmmm...refresh my memory on how you are using it again. Analog out 2 (brown wire) going in to analog 1 in on the EIO, and you're calling it up in the table in EIO 1's box?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    Hmmmmmmm...refresh my memory on how you are using it again. Analog out 2 (brown wire) going in to analog 1 in on the EIO, and you're calling it up in the table in EIO 1's box?
    :werd: i have it almost exactly like 97t's wire diagram shows. i checked the n/b sim setup and its fine so i think its software related. the only other thing i can think of is its not getting enough juice but the logworks is working and the led is solid red.

Advanced Tuner
    Log it in Logworks and see what it says there, or pull up their gauge/dashboard.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    arite, pulled up the dash thing. all i can get is the AFR, is there a way to read what its putting out volts wise through logworks?
    Last edited by Wnts2Go10O; 06-29-2006 at 03:12 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Is the AFR changing in HPT when your scanning or is it rock solid at 7.xx? If its rock solid, your not hooked up right. If the logworks gauge is showing the same thing, then its not programmed right. Fire up the programmer and click on Analog 2. Click the AFR radio button. Then put in 0 volts in the top left, 5 volts in the bottom left, then 10 in the top right and 18 in the bottom right. Hit program. Did you do a free air calibration?

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Is the AFR changing in HPT when your scanning or is it rock solid at 7.xx? If its rock solid, your not hooked up right. If the logworks gauge is showing the same thing, then its not programmed right. Fire up the programmer and click on Analog 2. Click the AFR radio button. Then put in 0 volts in the top left, 5 volts in the bottom left, then 10 in the top right and 18 in the bottom right. Hit program. Did you do a free air calibration?
    steady in hpt but works fine in logworks. it worked fine before the cam. im contemplating putting the heater ground back to where i had it on the firewall.

Advanced Tuner
    ps- raw voltage is a steady .005volts and mv is 17-23

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like HPT isn't seeing it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Sounds like HPT isn't seeing it.
    hmm, it was working fine when i first put everything in. i hve it wired according to 97t's spec...which seemed to workk, but nothing.

Advanced Tuner
    if the output from the LC1 isn't changing as the car's running (voltage stays steady) then it's likely a dead DAC in the LC1 cable...

Innovate has posted suggesting putting a resistor between any external interface and the LC1 output... dunno why they don't include this as purchased... but there have been several who have had problems killing their DAC (Digital to Analog Converter chip in the LC1)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned