Thread: 06 modded Cummins with race tune fuel knock? Advice on attached log

Potential Tuner

06 modded Cummins with race tune fuel knock? Advice on attached log

Good morning,
    I'm looking for advice on the attached log(small street drive) let me know other channels needed in the log to maybe help with conclusion. I just had the injectors tested and they came back fine. I initially sent them in to have 150hp nozzles put on them but the local diesel shop here could not get them to pass with the new nozzles installed. Looking for possible answers to why it may be fuel knocking after warm up. I have ran the truck on these injectors previously with no fuel knock on the bottom except on the race setting. I'm am switching over to hp and starting over with the tune.

street drive 8 6 17.hplimage1 (3).JPGimage2.JPG

Truck Mods:
    2006 Cummins 24v 5.9
    48re auto
    S476 Ats Aurora 5500
    DRP second gen swap
    ATS 3 piece manifold
    Adrenaline into intake manifold
    Mishimoto Intercooler
    ATS DUAL CP3 kit
    400hp 200%over industrial injection injectors
    FAST TITANIUM 150 W DRP SUMP
    ARP HEAD STUDS vp44
    Built trans including valve body and precision stall converter
    --suncoast billet input shaft
    --suncoast billet output shaft
    --suncoast billet intermediate shaft
    --billet second gear accumulator
    --high performance rebuild kit: red eagle clutches, power packs, kolene steels, Kevlar band ect pit in under 3000miles on trans.
    Last edited by Hollands; 08-07-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Are you switching from Efi-Live to HPTuners? HPtuners certainly serves a purpose and is a good tool for the 03-05 crowd but if you already have efi-live it would probably be better to stick with it for the 06 and new trucks.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    Are you switching from Efi-Live to HPTuners? HPtuners certainly serves a purpose and is a good tool for the 03-05 crowd but if you already have efi-live it would probably be better to stick with it for the 06 and new trucks.
    No autocal... the previous owner kept it for some reason. $700 for a new one. Was looking for an option through here first. I may still go that route. I'm just trying to figure out what the truck is doing at this point. Going to try a scan tool to see if I am having injector problems.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    Hey do you mind me asking what your egt's are cruising at 35 and 70 also pulling a slight hill say at 65-70mph not towing.

I'm currently out to sea right now so can't check on it. Cruising at highway speeds it's typically around 700-725 and will climb into the 900's on an incline.