Thread: GPS and ODBII

Potential Tuner

GPS and ODBII

Can I use both Bluetooth ODBII and Bluetooth external GPS with Track Addict on an iPhone? (If this has been discussed, then my searching skills have failed me and I apologize)

Yes, as long as both Bluetooth devices are compatible with TrackAddict, they can be used at the same time. Please note that our iOS and Android versions have different hardware compatibility due to differences between these platforms.

Generally, Bluetooth allows for multiple simultaneous connections, whereas WiFi devices (used for external camera control and some OBD-II devices) are limited to one at a time because your device can only connect to one WiFi network at a time.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, as long as both Bluetooth devices are compatible with TrackAddict, they can be used at the same time. Please note that our iOS and Android versions have different hardware compatibility due to differences between these platforms.

Generally, Bluetooth allows for multiple simultaneous connections, whereas WiFi devices (used for external camera control and some OBD-II devices) are limited to one at a time because your device can only connect to one WiFi network at a time.
    Is it pretty easy to setup one time, or do you have to mess with getting the blue tooth connections up while you should be on the track In other words how much fussing around can I expect from this setup while I am at the track?

Thank you for the info!

I would definitely test it all once before you're needing to go on track, but the Bluetooth connections are generally easy and automatic after you have set them up the first time. The supported BLE OBD-II devices on iOS (PLX Kiwi 3 and Carista) are super simple once you've put the app's OBD option into "BLE" mode, and other supported Bluetooth devices should work easily too but will need you to pair them the first time via the iOS Settings app.