Thread: Limiter issue on the 65rfe and 8hp70, just started...

Potential Tuner

Limiter issue on the 65rfe and 8hp70, just started...

Have had two trucks show this same issue. Hits a limiter at 6000 even with the limiter set higher.

And yes I know how to adjust the rev limiter, isn't my first rodeo.

Am feeling it is a software issue but don't know what to do.

Jay Greene
    Greene Racing

Potential Tuner
    Now had a customer today say he hits a 106 speed limiter when it is set to 150, checked the file with another VCM editor and it shows 106 when mine shows 150

This is just wonderful...

Potential Tuner
    Solved the issue on the two 2014's, TCM and PCM had to be read separately. When read together it wasn't keeping PCM changes even though it showed it did.

Also did notice it cost 6 credits total vs the 2015+ which has been 4 for TCM and PCM.

Must be a glitch, the other still no answer as to why...

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=jmgak47;494672]Have had two trucks show this same issue. Hits a limiter at 6000 even with the limiter set higher.

Did you ever get this fixed I'm having the same problem on the 6speed

Potential Tuner
    Never did on the 6 speed, had to have the customer adjust the limiter on his end.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgak47 View Post
    Never did on the 6 speed, had to have the customer adjust the limiter on his end.
    Not to sound completely lost, how did how adjust on his end?

Solved the issue on the two 2014's, TCM and PCM had to be read separately. When read together it wasn't keeping PCM changes even though it showed it did.

Also did notice it cost 6 credits total vs the 2015+ which has been 4 for TCM and PCM.

Must be a glitch, the other still no answer as to why...
    The 8-speed TCM has always been 4 credits alone. So it would take 6 total...TCM=4, PCM=2

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    The 8-speed TCM has always been 4 credits alone. So it would take 6 total...TCM=4, PCM=2
    Have tuned many and it only took 4 credits as long as they were on the same read.

Have tuned many and it only took 4 credits as long as they were on the same read.
    I've heard of this happening, some kind of bug. I think it's already fixed, and if it's one you tuned on and haven't used 6 credits at some point it will make you. Since tuning was released and available it was 4 credits for the TCM alone, since day one.