Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dodge tuning w/ ANN, InjPW v Fuel Mass, spark advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Depending on the ECU, instead of using aircharge in the spark table, MAP kpa is used and "I think" P Ratio in some but I'm not 100% on that.

Regardless setting up the histo is is the same. Just use the correct PID on for the Row axis.
    Some examples of cars I have info on, the spark table use:
    2006 300c SRT8 - MAP .10-.90 kPa
    2014 Charger R/T - Aircharge .08-.90 g
    2015 Ram 1500 Sport 5.7 - Aircharge .08-.90 g

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb_288 View Post
    Think he was trying to ask if you were going to finish with the spark advance side of this how to that you mention in the title. In other news i believe the conversion excel file that mattechperf posted is backwards or thr column labels are wrong. Someone please correct me if im out of line.
    Sorry, I didn't notice this post.
    Yes, you're correct and I made a boo boo. Good eye.
    They are backwards.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for posting this Jay

Advanced Tuner
    Don't forget about the spark modifier tables (Hot/Cold IAT and Hot/Cold ECT) and the WOT Lockpin table (assuming your cam may get to the lockpin position at some point).
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Don't forget about... the WOT Lockpin table (assuming your cam may get to the lockpin position at some point).
    Good call. Do you have any tips on adjusting the lockpin tables or know of a thread that's dealt with this much?
    The info I've searched so far seems to be a bit lacking or inconsistent from what I've found so far.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattechperf View Post
    Good call. Do you have any tips on adjusting the lockpin tables or know of a thread that's dealt with this much?
    The info I've searched so far seems to be a bit lacking or inconsistent from what I've found so far.
    Mines are set equal to Wot table in the utilized rpm range and airflow range for Wot . Not sure if that’s correct but hopefully mike can chime in.
    Last edited by 1bh; 12-05-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    anyone have a tune to get me started: I have full lenth headers and exhaust,its a police package 2009 charger, eagle 5.7 hemi, im getting a o2 code id like something with trans stuff maybe also ,then I can compare to my factory and see what you did to help car and learn from there......Jay

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bh View Post
    Mines are set equal to Wot table in the utilized rpm range and airflow range for Wot . Not sure if that?s correct but hopefully mike can chime in.
    That's generally what I do as well.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Advanced Tuner
    Great thread!

This is a good thread. On the spark setting discussion.....surely it's not still common practice to decrease sensitivity of the knock sensors by 50 to 100%? That doesn't sound right to me. Have things changed since those posts in this thread?

I've always been told to leave the knock sensors a lone, tune the car on the daily fuel (in my case 93) and log. See where STKR occurs and note it. Then add octane (race gas) and re-test to see if knock remains. If it does, THEN you adjust the sensitivity only on the areas affected.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy! View Post
    This is a good thread. On the spark setting discussion.....surely it's not still common practice to decrease sensitivity of the knock sensors by 50 to 100%? That doesn't sound right to me. Have things changed since those posts in this thread?

I've always been told to leave the knock sensors a lone, tune the car on the daily fuel (in my case 93) and log. See where STKR occurs and note it. Then add octane (race gas) and re-test to see if knock remains. If it does, THEN you adjust the sensitivity only on the areas affected.
    It depends on the car. As a "general" rule Dodge knock sensors are more sensitive than GM and Fords. The knock sensors are on a 5v scale, and if you look at the stock thresholds they are pretty low.

I usually watch the knock sensor voltages and see what they are doing when the PCM "thinks" it's knocking. If they are showing like 1.5 volts and the thresholds are stock, more than likely it's not knocking. If its showing 2.5+ volts there's a good possibility it is knocking.

You can pull some timing out in that area and see what it does or as you mentioned put higher octane fuel in it.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm poking around in the stock tune and just trying to figure this stuff out on a stock Scat. My first attempt at anything will probably to be to tune for larger injectors without changing anything else.

The power enrichment commanded afr tables don't make a lot of sense to me.

Why bother with pratio or aircharge axis of the table if it's not going to effect the data as it changes? Seems pretty damn odd.

And isn't aircharge a result of pratio? And lastly, if you're actually in PE, most of the area at the top of the pratio table will never happen. If the throttle blade is open (to envoke PE), pratio is pretty close to 1 immediately.

Any input on how these two tables work together or when each is used?

Advanced Tuner
    For reference, here at the tables for this car:commandedafr.jpg

I'm sure they build the full table to be sure they cover any scenario that "might" occur.

Advanced Tuner
    In looking at hellcat tables, I notice they do use the lower right portion of the tabel more under pratio. I guess the table has to cover all applications....

Tuner in Training
    This is some good info! Its defiantly a learning experience!

Jay,

Thanks for providing all of the injector scaling info. This is by far one of the most critical aspects to tuning ANN. Most appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    I just wanted to point something out. If MDS is active on your engine (and not disabled) while you're doing your logging, you may want to use Fuel Mass and IPW for one of the cylinders that's not deactivating. The cylinders that deactivate on the Hemi engines are 1, 4, 6, and 7.

If you are working on a Hellcat or a manual trans Challenger, you can ignore this.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 12-27-2019 at 07:54 AM.

If you are removing spark from areas that knock and have knock reoccur in the same area again, don't forget that knock is learned in the pcm on these hemi's and should be cleared between flashes, it's adaptive learning. It'll prevent you from the headache.

Great thread, thanks you all for your hard work to make my life easier
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q