Thread: Camaro 2017 2.0 LTG

Tuner in Training

Question Camaro 2017 2.0 LTG

Hi guys,

where i need to go to add boost in 2017 Camaro 2.0L??? I have try to change Duty Cycle in WASTEGATE TRESHHOLD and add in multiplier in DESIRED BOOST P.I.D. with no succes!?!?

What i need to do?

Thanks

Patrick

Tuner in Training
    Did you change BOOST MAX LIMIT???
    2016 1LT RS Camaro 2.0t a8 - 12.957 @ 103.45, light modifications and tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
    Did you change BOOST MAX LIMIT???
    Yes but my TCM are already locked! Do you think the TM seeting in transmission can disturb me?

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Doubt the TCM being locked still is causing you a problem... Plenty of people on the Camaro forum have 2017s with locked TCM's and have only tuned the engine making decent power.
    2016 1LT RS Camaro 2.0t a8 - 12.957 @ 103.45, light modifications and tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
    Doubt the TCM being locked still is causing you a problem... Plenty of people on the Camaro forum have 2017s with locked TCM's and have only tuned the engine making decent power.
    Are the 2017 Tables for the 2.0t ats different from the 2017 2.0t camaro? Lets say they are both using the 8 speed auto as well.

Advanced Tuner
    TCM is not holding you back on making boost. There are quite a few tables you will need to change in order to effectively raise the demanded boost. And then you will need to learn to keep the actual under the demanded amount in order to keep the throttle open.

Advanced Tuner
    The 2017 will be missing some of the torque management tables found in the 2016 and older models though. Not sure if it's a HPTuners omission, or GM killed them off. Hasn't really presented any issue to me tuning cars with stock turbos anyhow yet.

You will need to be looking at these tables:

PEAK TORQUE
    BRAKE TORQUE LIMIT
    OVERBOOST LIMIT

DRIVER DEMAND - MAP A
    DRIVER DEMAND - MAP C

BASE DC
    PRESSURE DELTA FACTOR

OVERSPEED LIMIT MIN
    PRESSURE RATIO MAX

TURBO OVERTEMP

Then of course you will need to adjust your Power Enrichment and Spark tables to your own liking. Also under Engine Diagnostics it doesn't hurt to adjust your Overboost/Underboost tables if you want, and have your demanded torque at a reasonable range to where you aren't overboosting as-is before going to mess around there.

Oh, and don't forget to raise the Fuel Pump Desired pressure in the higher RPMs too. The stock tune calls for it to plummet fuel rail pressure after 5500rpm and you won't be wanting that.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    The 2017 will be missing some of the torque management tables found in the 2016 and older models though. Not sure if it's a HPTuners omission, or GM killed them off. Hasn't really presented any issue to me tuning cars with stock turbos anyhow yet.

PEAK TORQUE
    BRAKE TORQUE LIMIT
    OVERBOOST LIMIT

DRIVER DEMAND - MAP A
    DRIVER DEMAND - MAP C

BASE DC
    PRESSURE DELTA FACTOR

OVERSPEED LIMIT MIN
    PRESSURE RATIO MAX

TURBO OVERTEMP

Then of course you will need to adjust your Power Enrichment and Spark tables to your own liking. Also under Engine Diagnostics it doesn't hurt to adjust your Overboost/Underboost tables if you want, and have your demanded torque at a reasonable range to where you aren't overboosting as-is before going to mess around there.

Oh, and don't forget to raise the Fuel Pump Desired pressure in the higher RPMs too. The stock tune calls for it to plummet fuel rail pressure after 5500rpm and you won't be wanting that.
    The tables that are left available for tuning with the 2017 transmissions, will they be able to make the shifts really quickly like you can tune for the 2016?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post

PEAK TORQUE
    BRAKE TORQUE LIMIT
    OVERBOOST LIMIT

DRIVER DEMAND - MAP A
    DRIVER DEMAND - MAP C

BASE DC
    PRESSURE DELTA FACTOR

OVERSPEED LIMIT MIN
    PRESSURE RATIO MAX

TURBO OVERTEMP

Curious about the TURBO OVERTEMP suggestion here - don't you think GM put this in for a good reason? Same goes for the rail pressure at high RPM... Why would the factory do that just to have people undo it in the aftermarket?

dont listen to anything rpm says anyway. I have had to fix two of their tunes that wouldnt even idle due to setting the pressure delta table above stock at 800 and 1000 rpm. They told the customers it was a problem with the car. I first fixed that then showed them the car would idle fine as is then I fixed the rest of the tune. One of my 6 speed 2.0t camaros with a down pipe and intercooler would stomp the shop car they have there. too bad he totaled the camaro it was very fast for a manual and two bolt ons. Upsetting when you hear a business took someones money for a tune then tells them its the cars fault but yet runs fine on a stock tune and then again on a correct tune. Look at the tune name and picture these settings will not let the car idle right period....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PatZ24 View Post
    Hi guys,

where i need to go to add boost in 2017 Camaro 2.0L??? I have try to change Duty Cycle in WASTEGATE TRESHHOLD and add in multiplier in DESIRED BOOST P.I.D. with no succes!?!?

What i need to do?

Thanks

Patrick
    do not change the WGDC.
    find the limits.

Don’t worry so much about boost. It will make really good power on 19 if you keep the throttle open and add timing. Watch you maf when start seeing 33.50-34.50 then she’s making power and if keep it to redline then will be pulling hard. When maf flow is down then power is down. Just made 330whp on 20 lbs on 93. If want to pm me we can talk about it some.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    Don?t worry so much about boost. It will make really good power on 19 if you keep the throttle open and add timing. Watch you maf when start seeing 33.50-34.50 then she?s making power and if keep it to redline then will be pulling hard. When maf flow is down then power is down. Just made 330whp on 20 lbs on 93. If want to pm me we can talk about it some.

Im Trying to get the same power can you explain to me how i can do that?

Potential Tuner
    Hi!

Will be a good idea to copy most of stage1 calibrations from ATS 2.0t (in HPtuners editor) in to the hpt-file camaro 2.0t (238hp stock)? Engines are the same (LTG).
    Or may be come calibrations not suitable?
    Last edited by Maestro; 08-04-2018 at 10:29 AM.