Thread: 6HP26 WOT Shift RPM

Tuner

6HP26 WOT Shift RPM

I've got a 6 speed auto ZF 6HP26. In the auto shift speed it has 1-50 shift patterns. Which ones do I alter to increase 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 shift wot rpm values?

Tuner
    Pretty sure in the tune repository there is a file with a modded zf tune ( i think by a trans shop) that you cuold compare or veiw to get an understanding on what tables are being modded for those shift points.

Tuner
    Pretty sure in the tune repository there is a file with a modded zf tune ( i think by a trans shop) that you could compare or view to get an understanding on what tables are being modded for those shift points.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Baddy, mind posting your file, stock or otherwise, you'll tend to get more assistance when you provide more info mainly the .hpt file in question.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Refer attached tune file, appreciate the assistance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddy View Post
    Refer attached tune file, appreciate the assistance.
    I do not have my laptop with me so bear with me.

Table 27 is Manual mode, Drive/Perf is spread out over the tables 1-26 and 28 through to around 36 or so from memory... you will have fun working out what is what from there, I have made holistic changes to prevent kickdowns, but most of my work is done in manual mode so I haven't bothered much with it

The number in these fields is OSS, so to alter your 1-2 shift point you take the throttle position you want to make the change at (WOT is generally the 98.9% and up fields, 100.4 is kickdown) and in the cell/s under 1-2 you take that number and multiply it by 4.17 (first gear ratio) and you come up with an ISS which while close to engine rpm does not take converter slip or clutch slip (just hope you dont have the latter) into account. This is the Input shaft speed that the transmission anticipate the shift. If the number is 1400 then the ISS shift point is 5838rpm. If the converter has 20 rpm slip when locked up then the engine will be at 5858. If the converter still has 600rpm slip then it will be 6438 engine rpm. You cannot predict this amount of slip as it varies with power levels as the PCM has a slip threshold that nobody has been able to decipher and therefore control.

Daniel

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CAT600 View Post
    I do not have my laptop with me so bear with me.

Table 27 is Manual mode, Drive/Perf is spread out over the tables 1-26 and 28 through to around 36 or so from memory... you will have fun working out what is what from there, I have made holistic changes to prevent kickdowns, but most of my work is done in manual mode so I haven't bothered much with it

The number in these fields is OSS, so to alter your 1-2 shift point you take the throttle position you want to make the change at (WOT is generally the 98.9% and up fields, 100.4 is kickdown) and in the cell/s under 1-2 you take that number and multiply it by 4.17 (first gear ratio) and you come up with an ISS which while close to engine rpm does not take converter slip or clutch slip (just hope you dont have the latter) into account. This is the Input shaft speed that the transmission anticipate the shift. If the number is 1400 then the ISS shift point is 5838rpm. If the converter has 20 rpm slip when locked up then the engine will be at 5858. If the converter still has 600rpm slip then it will be 6438 engine rpm. You cannot predict this amount of slip as it varies with power levels as the PCM has a slip threshold that nobody has been able to decipher and therefore control.

Daniel
    Ok great I'll check it out! What is the 2nd and 3rd gear ratio so I can multiply that too?

Tuner
    Thanks for sharing Daniel,
    Baddy 2nd is 2.34 and 3rd is 1.521, let us know how you go.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    Pretty sure in the tune repository there is a file with a modded zf tune ( i think by a trans shop) that you cuold compare or veiw to get an understanding on what tables are being modded for those shift points.
    Hey mate, couldn't find the file for the modded zf tune, you mind posting the link of that thread here? Cheers