Thread: Bucking Issue. Air, Timing, combo of both, or none of the above??

Tuner in Training

Bucking Issue. Air, Timing, combo of both, or none of the above??

Hello All! Seeking a little help with my tune. Yes, I am a NOVICE. Here goes...

1. First issue is a bucking issue. It seems to happen at low RPM, around between 12-1400, mostly in 5th and 6th gear, and with steady throttle position. If you let off the throttle, or press the throttle, it stops. I have been playing with the air and timing, and the current tune file is what is running the best in the car right now.

2. How do I tell whether the car needs more or less air during idle? Operation?

3. When adjusting injection timing, do you adjust all 3 tables (Boundary, Normal ECT, Normal RPM) the same amount, or just the two NORMAL tables?

4. Is there a "best way" to dial in my idle? What parameters should I be logging to facilitate dialing it in?

The tune file in question is for an E38, in a 2012 Camaro, LS3, M6. Engine has the following mods: Whipple 2.9L, @10lbs, 227/243/.629/.629 @ 115LSA w/ 110 ICL, 1-7/8" LT headers, full 3" exhaust, 65lb injectors, ZL1 pump, ADM FPCM, and 93 Octane gas.

I have attached the current tune file, a log from my drive home from work, and a picture of the log during "bucking".

Thanks in advance for any insight!
    -Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

2012 Camaro SS/RS, LS3, m6, Whipple 2.9L, custom cam, E85, methanol
    2007 Avalanche, 5.3L "383", 2.3L Whipple, E85, custom cam

Tuning Addict
    You can use this one for the injection timing and maybe the lower airmass areas spark timing, but this thing was running 109 fuel - should only mostly affect wot timing, but anyway... Your doing a lot of the right things with timing by keeping it up in the lower rpms and higher airmass's, but you need to smooth out the corresponding transitions better. Min air will also help you. You can also change your TB size - make it 4 to 500 bigger will help to smooth things too...

It's an old tune, so don't judge too hard
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! I'm going to dive into it some more this weekend. I'll update with results.

-Scott

2012 Camaro SS/RS, LS3, m6, Whipple 2.9L, custom cam, E85, methanol
    2007 Avalanche, 5.3L "383", 2.3L Whipple, E85, custom cam