Thread: EGR Enable/Disable NOT VISIBLE AFTER 2BAR OS

Potential Tuner

EGR Enable/Disable NOT VISIBLE AFTER 2BAR OS

I put a turbo on my truck this weekend, and I'm finishing everything up. I've done all of this before as I have a turbo C5 that I built/tuned. I added pins to 47, and 55 on the blue (C1) connector because I've read conflicting reports of which pin is for the EGR signal on a 2003 Silverado. After I got everything hooked up I upgraded to a 2 bar os, and my "EGR Enable/Disable" option disappeared. Before the 2 bar os update I had the EGR Enable/Disable option; the stock file has it still. After the 2 bar update it went away, and I have no way to enable EGR to log voltage/wideband. In the stock file the EGR was disabled as my truck didn't come with EGR, so I enabled it, flashed it back to stock, and re-did the 2 bar os from the stock file with EGR enabled. This is driving me insane. I've got a 99 Silverado that I put a 2 bar OS on with no problems. The EGR is still there. My C5 didn't come with EGR, and the option is still there. What am I doing wrong on the 03 Silverado?
    2002 C5 T56 3.42's Stock bottom LS1, LS6 intake, Ported 241's, TSP 233/239 .598/.602 112LSA, Rear mounted on3 76mm .81ar 7# spring, 80#siemens dekas, UPP fuel system, 2bar SD OS

Potential Tuner
    Bump for help.
    2002 C5 T56 3.42's Stock bottom LS1, LS6 intake, Ported 241's, TSP 233/239 .598/.602 112LSA, Rear mounted on3 76mm .81ar 7# spring, 80#siemens dekas, UPP fuel system, 2bar SD OS

Tuner in Training
    can you post your stock tune and 2bar tune.

Iv never seen this before but will take a look

Potential Tuner
    I've read about this happening, but the guy that posted it never really got his question answered. See attached. Hopefully it's something stupid/simple, and I'm dumb as hell. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pins 55 and 41 is what I used on my 06 Sierra for the EGR circuit.

Have you tried to just flash the tune, start it and see if you can even use the circuit still?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    That was the very first thing that I tried. Nothing.

Potential Tuner
    I am in this same situation right now, did you ever get it figured out? Thanks

Tuner
    Are you using AC ? I think you can put a switch in and still use the AC and switch it to monitor WB. Have a mechanical oil pressure gauge,I think you can wire the wide band there and monitor the 5 volt through that pid.There are other places to monitor the WB through .

Potential Tuner
    A/C with a switch is going to be my next option if I can't get EGR to work. But since my truck (03 Silverado) did not come with EGR from the factory I figured it was a good circuit to piggy-back on for the wideband. I have it wired to the PCM on pin 55 (C1 Blue) 0-5V AFR wire and I even wired up the ground (Pin 41) but I get nothing on the EGR voltage area when scanning. I did verify voltage there with a meter so I know the o2 is delivering something to that pin. I do not have an option on my stock PCM or the current HP Tuners 2 bar OS to enable EGR under Engine>General.
    I am still on the process of getting some kind of reading on the scanner on the EGR circuit, I have not done anything yet with setting up the custom PID. I may need to just move on to a diferent circuit if I can't get it enabled.
    Thanks for the reply and help!

Has anyone with this issue on this specific year/model/OS opened a support ticket? The custom OS is a HPT creation, whatever is in there is there because they put it there. EGR could have simply been overlooked, or it could be an issue of not enough memory left over after adding the 2bar goodies. Don't know until you ask.

Did you try and find it with the Navigator? Go Edit-->Navigator and then type in EGR in the "Text Filter" box and it should bring it up under the Exhaust heading. It's the only way I can get to the EGR enable/disable on my 2000 Silverado 2 Bar tune.
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

Advanced Tuner
    Couldnt you just enable it on your stock tune, load the file. Then if its not functional in the 2 bar it should be fine?
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Belair View Post
    Did you try and find it with the Navigator? Go Edit-->Navigator and then type in EGR in the "Text Filter" box and it should bring it up under the Exhaust heading. It's the only way I can get to the EGR enable/disable on my 2000 Silverado 2 Bar tune.
    YOUR ROCK MY MAN!! I did find it by doing that.
    Freaking sweet! Thanks so much!
    So weird that that is literally the ONLY way to find it because there is no way to manually navigate to Engine>Exhaust (No Exhaust Category listed)

They moved the exhaust folder to a new exhaust tab in the most recent beta, so whenever the beta becomes 4.6 or whatever it will no longer be a folder you have to find using the navigator.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I am using 4.4.4 now but was using 4.4.2 and it still was not there. That seems like a bad idea making it only accessible via the navigator. Well I am thankful that someone was able to point me in the right direction to enable it. I did enable it and test it and I do indeed now get a reading on EGR Voltage. Thank you everyone on the forum for the help!

The beta is 4.5, so hopefully soon it will be in the full release and no longer in the navigator.

Potential Tuner
    Oh I misunderstood, I thought it WAS always in the normal location and now you can only find it via the navigator. But they are working on getting in the normal place now. Good Good.