Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commanded timing

Quote Originally Posted by Celicasaur View Post
    So i've got V3.6 now, but can't see the max durable spark...however, i'm not sure if the tables on the right are what i need....were they they before? I can't remember now if it's the same (I'm referring to the optimum spark tables)

Attachment 76215
    Please email support with our MPVI serial number requesting VCM Suite 3.7 Beta. 3.7 has the Max Durable Spark table for most, if not all, the Mercedes we currently support.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Mark, I'd love that - dry weather this weekend, which means i can get some more tuning done.

Last night I replied back to a ticket which was originally answered by Chad - (ticket #110121) and I sent over my VCM suite info and Debug files, along with a description of the problem and link to this thread. If you could be amazing and oversee it for me, that would be much appreciated sir.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys - Corey sent me the Beta software to try and I can now see the new table. Fingers crossed

Tuner in Training
    Hmm, I'm not having much luck here. As a tester, I've set a conservative 23 degrees for max load from 5000rpm to fuel cut, but still no joy. I'm seeing 18-19. I've amended tables like the one for spark retard vs air intake & coolant etc, but no nice.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure if it's a torque limiter issue here? Bearing in mind, this issue is only apparent under max load conditions. Apart from that, the mid-range and low end timing advances have been fine and the car runs great.

Did you set the max tq vs wheel speed table higher? Also, try setting your spark tables all the same to like 25* above 5k, make sure the optimum spark table is about 5* higher in the same areas to match. Then try again. LMK!

Tuner in Training
    This is so depressing...I just spent nearly 3 hours on the road...

Figures are generally based upon max load and from around 5000 - 6700rpm:
    Base timing 23
    Optimal and durability spark 28
    Octane adjustment all the way to fuel cut 1
    Ignition efficiency 80 towards 1400F
    Optimum torque at max load 100
    Wheel torque vs VSS 998.6
    Spark retard for torque management - Disabled
    Permissable torque tolerance 99.6
    Torque request limiting - Disabled
    Ign vs air & coolant temp 0 (temporarily)

And then my reward for all of this...19/20 from 5-6k and then anything from 16-18 from 6k to fuel cut

If you want, send me what you have and Ill look tonight when I get home from work and compare it to what I'm running. [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Many thanks sir - email sent.

Running out of ideas now.

My AFR is a little lean up top, but I don't think there is a failsafe for this (other than via having excessive EGTs), so I don't think this would be the problem. I of course plan to fine tune the fuelling. I just preferred to at least have the timing adhere to what's commanded first before going further with the tune.

Mark @ HP: Could you please add the latest Beta to my customer page? The one Celicasaur is using is newer than mine and I can't open the file. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Mark @ HP: Could you please add the latest Beta to my customer page? The one Celicasaur is using is newer than mine and I can't open the file. Much appreciated!
    You would need to send your MPVI serial number to support requesting beta. They can get it added for you quickly.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Mark, I've tried and tried any and everything I can think of, yet my timing is miles off what is being commanded. I've tried numerous suggestions that BackyardTurbo was kind enough to suggest to me via email after having had a look at my tune file, but sadly none of them made a difference.

Can you please advise on what the next steps should be, or how I should approach the issue in order for you guys to better help me?

Tuner in Training
    I have sent some files to support to request help under ticket #110121

Tuner in Training
    Bump.

Tuner in Training
    Mark/HP Tuners....?

Surely if you guys can help me to get the tune in the right direction, more people would be enthused to try the HP Tuners software themselves. Ignoring my request for support on something which looks like a bug with the product isn't very nice.

There still has to be some other table that we do not have yet that is limiting timing. Im not sure what it is unfortunately but there is something we're still fighting.

Tuner in Training
    Which is why I think HP Tuners should be trying to work with us and help solve our issues seeing as we've paid for a product that doesn't really do it's job as we were sold and lead to believe.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure if it's an issue pertaining to the E63 W212, but looking at the video posted on this website of a tuner using the software on a C63, you can see that they're presented with data that doesn't appear when I try to read it via the VCM scanner:

c63.jpg

And here's my car...spark efficiency and related torque management PIDs are ghosted out:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 18.14.14.png

Now granted in this pic above, my car isn't recording but what I can tell you is that when I record/log, the ghosted PIDs go blank and I'm not presented with any data for those parameters even when exported as a csv.

Those are available on my car. Try connecting to your car, then stop the logger and close the file, then re-add those. The 4 you have grayed out log on my car fine.

Tuner in Training
    Interesting...I'll try that. I spoke with Chad @ Support about this and he suggested to re-poll parameters after I'd updated the software version. I'll try your method and then report back.

Tuner in Training
    ok now it makes sense - i got those parameters from the channel file that you kindly sent me.

I re-polled, turned it off/on, re-opened the application and then combed through every option...none of the greyed out options is there for me.

I've now sent a debug.dat file to support. Let's see what they say I suppose.