Thread: Turbod 6.2

Tuner in Training

Turbod 6.2

Hey yall, came here as my last hope, maybe someone can help me with my pick up.

Specs:
    6.2L l9h 78mm Turbo 5psi
    60# Injectors
    340LPH Fuel Pump
    PMAS MAF
    genIV E38

Issue:
    Had my truck up and running good after the turbo install and dyno tune. Well replaced my trans and Fuel control module. Had my buddy over at gm, program the fuel module, and accidentally flashed my tune with the stock file.

I purchased HPtuners, and ive been reading for the past couple of months before the big purchase. I tuned and got some practice on my other pick-up truck and cammed camaro, but dont consider myself fluent or a tuner.

For some reason, my truck just will not start. I turn the key itll crank and maybe turn on & itll immediately die, i unplugged the MAF and it actually turned on for a few seconds longer. I get a raw gasoline smell when im cranking too. I have a tech 2 and diagnosed all the modules. Checks plugs/packs/wires ect. Im about to give up on it, and i really dont want to.

Does some one have an open loop tune close to my specs that I can flash over, to make sure its not a mechanical/sensor issue, and perhaps just a tuning issue.

I can pay for your time, i dont mind, i would like to get this fixed before im off for deployment, and maybe even get a decent tune in it.

-Thank You
    Last edited by SMiGGS; 08-14-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Has the other correct data been put into the tune?

Like the MAF, the 2 bar map sensor, the new fuel injector size etc etc.

Have you disabled the VATS system to make sure that isn't a issue?

Post the tune and logs of you trying to get it running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I adjusted some fuel parameters, as far as the injector size, but i feel like i completely did everything wrong. Im not too sure if i want to even pull it out of my drive way. I havent been able to fill in the data, since im just trying to get it to start first. Once i can get it to start and idle, i can move on to the next part.

I just did two logs, one was just a start up, and the second one was a start up with some throttle.
    First startup.hpl
    Second Startup With some throttle.hpl
    2011 62 Silverado MB1.hpt

thank you in advance, appreciate the help.
    Last edited by SMiGGS; 08-09-2017 at 10:38 PM.

I don't think that MAF sensor is calibrated right, it seems to read way way high even just at minimal revs. A stock MAF would actually work better and has a very high air flow capability. Kind of a waste of money really, you can extend the range of the stock maf by sticking it in a larger intake tube if you needed too but at 5psi you'll never max it out.

Also you have no o2 sensor function at all.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I would like to do maf only that's why I had the o2 disabled, at least until I relocate the o2 pre turbo and not on the down pipe.

Is there a way to adjust the MAF? I mean it was working good before I lost my tune. Maybe I'm missing something. Also does my fueling look correct? Also did I set up the open loop correctly?

Sorry just learning through trial and error thank you for the help !!

Tuning Addict
    Stupid question, but do you know who did the original tune? Perhaps they have it on file? I would be willing to bet the original tune was a SD tune - not many people out there bother with MAF tunes with turbo's - not even the OE does it much anymore due to their side problems...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Stupid question, but do you know who did the original tune? Perhaps they have it on file? I would be willing to bet the original tune was a SD tune - not many people out there bother with MAF tunes with turbo's - not even the OE does it much anymore due to their side problems...
    I live about 4 hours away of the tuning location, and ive tried to contact the fellas there, but no reply.

When i was there the tuner said that these trucks dont like or run well on SD. I asked why, and gave me the whole altitude and oem design explanation. I had bought a 2 bar map, when i made the drive up there, tuner didnt tune my truck until i bought an aftermarket maf.

Tuning Addict
    The custom operating system fixes all of that if you have one available and besides you need to dial in the VE for transient fueling anyway.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Silly question, but did the theft relearn get completed ? Because the start/stall sounds alot like td interruption.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by shortshifted View Post
    silly question, but did the theft relearn get completed ? Because the start/stall sounds alot like td interruption.
    nvm i am an idiot, that body style is a no crank with a theft fail.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    The custom operating system fixes all of that if you have one available and besides you need to dial in the VE for transient fueling anyway.
    Yeah definitely need to dial in the VE. Just as soon as I can get this thing started using.

Tuner in Training
    It was a good suggestion! Yes it's a 11 Silverado. My apologies I should e stated that.

Tuner in Training
    Got it up and running, but idle is horrible!

I have somewhat of a newb hurdle, and that is adjusting the tune for the 60# Siemens injectors and aftermarket maf.

I purchased a mowton ERM Performance tutorial, and was extremely helpful, but I was looking for a step-by-step procedure on how to adjust my tune for the injectors(proper spreadsheet), and as well as for the high-flow MAF. I used an ls1tuning forum spreadsheet I had found but im not too sure if its outdated. I had to adjust differential pressure by 4 for each cell to match my e38s differential pressure chart. After Adjusting IFR is there anything else I have to adjust for as well.

Would greatly appreciate the help.
    Last edited by SMiGGS; 08-14-2017 at 04:04 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check your PM
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    let me know if you have got it started and running I have a setup that is very close to yours .