Thread: 07 LBZ need HELP!

Advanced Tuner

07 LBZ need HELP!

Hey fellas, I just bought a used 07 LBZ and thought it was a stock Paw Paw truck.....well, just pulled the tune and as far as I can tell it's not a stock tune.
    I am a complete newbe on diesels. Can someone look at the tune and see if it's been tuned correctly. I was planning to dig into the diesel world down the road, but I don't have a clue at the moment.
    I just want to make sure it's safe. Mechanically, the truck looks stock( EGR, exhaust, intake, etc.).
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Somethings wrong. Can't open your file. Make sure you have the latest version

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, apparently it is a locked tune. Support said I had to take it to the dealer and get it flashed back to stock. They want $125 for 15 minutes of their time
    Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    Somethings wrong. Can't open your file. Make sure you have the latest version
    It will give a checksum error, but I can still open it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    It will give a checksum error, but I can still open it.
    Won't open for me

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

After looking through the calibration, it's really a pretty mild tune. A couple areas are a little weird, but nothing that's going to hurt the engine. My biggest issue is that target rail pressure is quite a bit higher than it needs to be on a stock setup. Other than that it's pretty mild.

Are you having issues with the truck on this tune?
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Are you getting check engine light with wot pulls? Those trucks require a lift pump cp3s are weak

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    After looking through the calibration, it's really a pretty mild tune. A couple areas are a little weird, but nothing that's going to hurt the engine. My biggest issue is that target rail pressure is quite a bit higher than it needs to be on a stock setup. Other than that it's pretty mild.

Are you having issues with the truck on this tune?
    No issues. I just wanted to make sure it didn't have a dangerous tune in it. I can't even change the tune at the moment as HPT support said I would need to take it to a dealer to have it flashed to stock, before I can tune it.
    Thanks for the input and taking the time to check it out for me.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigo_eff1fitty View Post
    Are you getting check engine light with wot pulls? Those trucks require a lift pump cp3s are weak
    No CEL. Just wanted some of you guys with diesel tuning experience to give it a look.