Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tow tune

Tuner in Training
    The reason I would like to reduce inj PW at idle is because I have a slight haze with 60hp DAP injectors. I know that it should all be burning at idle but I figured I would give it a try in order to fix that. My injector balance rates are steady across the board between -1 and 1 at idle.

I will try the tune out tomorrow. I have a short run I'll be making grossing around 17k. Maybe switch tunes half way through.
    Datsun 280z rocket bunny wide body build, LQ4 iron block, PRC heads 9.8/1 compression, 228/232 112lsa TSP Cam, trunnion upgrade, Delphi 12613412 injectors, 7/8in long tube headers, 78mm intake typhoon intake, stock TB, duel 3in exhaust.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbk View Post
    The reason I would like to reduce inj PW at idle is because I have a slight haze with 60hp DAP injectors. I know that it should all be burning at idle but I figured I would give it a try in order to fix that. My injector balance rates are steady across the board between -1 and 1 at idle.

I will try the tune out tomorrow. I have a short run I'll be making grossing around 17k. Maybe switch tunes half way through.
    Well, as explained, decreasing pulsewidth isn't really the way to try and tackle the haze. As was suggested already, play with your pressure and timing in the idle ranges of the maps. Also, it could be worth playing with pilot timing and quantity.

But, when it's all said and done, it could just be that the nozzles you're running don't have the greatest atomization characteristics, which will cause haze regardless of tuning.

I usually run about 18* of pilot timing at idle..