Thread: SCT to HPT?

Potential Tuner

Question SCT to HPT?

Hello,
    Quick story overview:
    -Bought a full bolt-on build 2010 Camaro SS M6. Unsure if it had a tune or not.
    -I got a good deal on an SCT X4 programmer with free custom email tune from RDP.
    -Was able to pull stock (I think) cals off of vehicle and flash in custom tune. Cool.
    -Want to acquire HPT VSM Suite and sell the X4 but have heard horror stories about SCT locking ECM etc.

I still have the "stock" tune from Camaro in VIN.SUL format (not sure if it is actual stock tune, that's what showed up after pulling "stock" tune with X4)

My questions:
    -Do you know if that would indeed be my OEM cals? Readable by HPT?
    -What should be my route with these SCT tunes to HPT Software? Return car to "stock" tune? I think there may be an "un-marry VIN" process?
    Just curious if anyone has gone through same situation.

Thanks!

you would need to restore the original backup stock tune from the SCT to your ecm first.

also, you need to do that anyway in order to unlock/reset the SCT tool so that someone else will actually be able to use it when you sell it.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune