Thread: Timing Calculator

Potential Tuner

Timing Calculator

I'm baffled I have a 06 5.9. That I am trying to use the calculator. That BAMOFO wrote. The directions are simple basically copy and paste your values into chart. Done that several times and no success. I read somewhere that the calculator wont work on the 06-07. The description says it will. I will attach my tune. Could someone please try to use the calculator with my tune. And let me know if it works. Or what I maybe doing wrong. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    06 Ram 3500 5.9 Auto 4x4 Flatbed
    B&D Killer B turbo 63mm
    65 HP Nozzles
    Banks Intercooler & Monster Ram Intake
    IAH Delete And Cold air Intake
    Dog ate the Cat

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1352541073 View Post
    I'm baffled I have a 06 5.9. That I am trying to use the calculator. That BAMOFO wrote. The directions are simple basically copy and paste your values into chart. Done that several times and no success. I read somewhere that the calculator wont work on the 06-07. The description says it will. I will attach my tune. Could someone please try to use the calculator with my tune. And let me know if it works. Or what I maybe doing wrong. Thanks
    Did you read my response in the other thread?

The timing calculator works fine for 06-07 trucks, I tune them all the time. If you have too much fuel before the turbo spools, you're gonna have a bad time, unless you love soot, then you're doing great lol
    The piston design on the newer 5.9's doesnt behave like the older trucks.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Potential Tuner
    Yes I read your other response. I am trying to dial in the timing. When I put my values in the calculator in never gives me any results. I'm coping the info on my tune into the calculator. I noticed the desired rail pressure is in psi on the calculator. In my tune its in mpa. Just cant understand what I'm doing wrong. For the calculator not to work. I've read the threads on how to use the calculator. Going threw every step. I am a little confused on what to do with the table for btdc percentages. There is no table like that in my tune. I want to run it at 50/50 for right now. So if figured I didn't have to enter anything. If I could get the calculator to work would be able to get timing rite. Thanks for your Help. I greatly !! appreciate it I no time is valuable.
    06 Ram 3500 5.9 Auto 4x4 Flatbed
    B&D Killer B turbo 63mm
    65 HP Nozzles
    Banks Intercooler & Monster Ram Intake
    IAH Delete And Cold air Intake
    Dog ate the Cat