Thread: How-to guide for the HPT interface

Tuner in Training

How-to guide for the HPT interface

Hey guys, i've been lurking for a while and signed up today. I can't find a how-to guide for the interface...does one exist, or do I simply need to use the free trial and play with it? I don't have a windows laptop, hence why I haven't downloaded the trial yet.

I've got good experience with tuning standalones in the past (Apexi Power FC, anybody?), but I'm sure sure this one is a lot different, so I'd just like to do some background reading before i commit to buying.

Tuner
    Here's a link to the help section for the scanner. I think editor guides may still be getting done for the updated version of the software.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Scanner/

Power FC, the good ol days!

Yes, this is a lot different. The logger is FAR more comprehensive compared to that. If you get it set up properly, the car almost tunes it self for idle/part throttle driving.

Tuner in Training
    Perfect - that's exactly what i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Codes View Post
    Here's a link to the help section for the scanner. I think editor guides may still be getting done for the updated version of the software.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Scanner/

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post

Yes, this is a lot different. The logger is FAR more comprehensive compared to that. If you get it set up properly, the car almost tunes it self for idle/part throttle driving.
    Damn, yeah I've heard this. To be fair, my main concern is to get it running to it's full potential at WOT. But then eventually I'd like it to feel razor sharp and excessively response at part throttle too. Keep posting your threads man....there aren't many contributors right now to the M156 platform via HP Tuners, but with people like you, more of us will come on board.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post

Hi I've got a stock std Performance Pack, 2010 model and I'm very interested in using the HP Tuner to fine tune my car. Like some of you I've got some experience in tuning standalone systems and been a dealer for two popular VW & Audi chip tuner. I'm looking at purchasing the HP Tuner but require more information regarding tuning the C63 before pulling the trigger. What do you mean by self tuning after setting up the system? Are there base maps available from which one can make changes in small steps as one gain confidence in tuning this platform?

Its not self tuning. I was saying how good the HP Logger is on every car Ive used it on. If you know how to configure the logger it makes it extremely easy to dial in the car.