Thread: Ed Mowton - ERM Course material

Ed Mowton - ERM Course material

My wife Ee Woon purchased the ERM Performance Tuning course (Ed Mowton) for me early this afternoon,....(birthday present),....I just got through going over it from the 500 foot level,....and all I can say is,.... "wow,...what a deal".

For someone just getting into tuning, like myself,...man, you simply can't go wrong with this purchase. Lots of info contained in the main 150 page course modules showing how-to-tune steps/processes,...And, loads of additional attachments that give examples, chart setups, calculators, etc. Even has explanation/how-to videos embedded within the course material (that correspond to the material your currently learning in his course).

When you purchase from his website, he'll send you an email for the Dropbox location where you can view/download all the course materials/attachments.

Best money I've spent on my build to date,....especially considering cost vs what I actually received.

And no, I ain't getting anything from Ed for writing this,....just wanna give credit where credit is due. If you spend hundreds on HPTuners/mods to your vehicle,...his course materials cost is minuscule by comparison, yet teaches you how to use it/tuning,....it's a no brainer to me.

Well thought out,...good work Ed.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

I completely agree. The course has helped me get an idea as to what I am looking at and needing to do. Plus the new content should be coming out real soon, from his last update email he sent out. Can't wait to get it. I wonder if it will just show up in the drop box or if he will let us know when it is available.

And also good work Ed.

I spoke with Ed yesterday and he said he's trying to get the new update out this Sunday, yet, he's been very busy. We should see it soon. I went over his course material in a little more detail last night,....man, that's good stuff. I like the way it's laid out/how details are presented,...no fluff,....just simple to follow logic on why, when and how.

It'll be interesting to see what the "new" info will be,....seems to me, he's already hit all the bases.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Advanced Tuner
    How did you guys get the link to download the course after you purchased it? I purchased the course using Paypal from an Android 2-in-1 device, but I never got a link to actually download the course after I paid... Not sure if I didn't get the link because I purchased via Paypal on Android or what... Or if I'm just missing something... :-)

I did just send a message to Ed about it, but figured that I'd mention it here as well...

Thank you!

I am processing them now....sorry was on a dyno tune.

Thank you all for your kind words and support....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

When we purchased it using PayPal, Ed sent an email back (to your PayPal email address) with the Dropbox link in it. Ed sent the DropBox email roughly an hour after I paid for it.

You also need to have a YouTube account connected to that same email address he sends the link to you on,...that way you can watch the videos found within the training course materials. I went to YouTube and opened an account before I opened the DropBox link (to assure no issues in initial linking from Dropbox,......don't know if there would have been an issue, but, I went ahead and did it this way being cautious).

Let us know what you think of the materials.

I see Ed beat me to it,......just under the wire.

Advanced Tuner
    Ed - first off, thank you for the quick response. I simply mis-understood how it worked - since the web site mentioned an "immediate" download link, I just assumed it was provided in an automated fashion after payment - that's all. Now that I understand that it's a manual process, I completely understand. :-) I just thought that maybe I missed something since I thought the link was provided automatically.

But I must say - Ed sure did respond to my request quickly - that alone is a clear indication of the level of support he provides.

Anyway, I'm now off to download and start reviewing the material. I've been doing my own research and modifications to the tune in my 2012 Impala for a year or two now, but never had any formal training - just a LOT of time doing research on the forum and "trial and error" tuning. I have managed to make a positive difference in the way vehicle is tuned, but it will be great having access to some formal training material from such an experienced tuner. :-)

Advanced Tuner
    Amazing amount and quality of material for the price.

Does this have Gen5 content? or is this primarily Gen 3/4 based?

Apologies Eperformance, I've never worked on a Gen 5 so I wouldn't know what to look for. It does cover material like VVE (as well as VE), etc,...if that helps. Ed is about to release an update with a lot more info,....thus, I'd reckon Gen 5 would be included (if not currently). Ed should answer this thread/your question shortly.

Tuner
    When is the new course material expected??

Ed has been very busy lately with lots of different stuff. There is no firm date yet, but it will be well worth it when it arrives.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP