Thread: Licensing Problems

Tuning Addict

Licensing Problems

Got a couple of customers having the same issue as I am - even though a file has already been licensed for tuning it's asking for another license. OS's, vin's - everything still the same / only thing changed is where the customer changed the file name and sent it back to me - not a big deal for me as I can just save on an old file and build from it, but WHY is it asking for another license? One customer told me his are asking him to re-license every file he's ever built and saved to his computer - does something need to take place to "re-initialize" these files or what per say?

On a side note - and this isn't just me as other tuners have been mentioning it to me after I saw it happen myself, but some of the tables are changing themselves in the tune or reverting back to older versions of the tune without anyone actually changing them - I know this happened a long while back - maybe 3.0?, but was quickly resolved... Is this part of the files wanting to be re-licensed or something separate?

Attaching tune where it's asking for another license - one named OE is asking for another license...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

You'll have to contact support for help with licensing.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuning Addict
    OK Keith, just didn't know if it was something that could be taken care of quickly... On this one for example it was programmed into a fresh ECM - read back out and emailed back to me using his interface, has different CVN's and somewhat different serials - that was the only reason I could think of it wanting me to re-license it...

The rest - I don't know?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the vcm id numbers are different between the two files, hence the reason its asking you to license the file. This doesn't appear to be an issue on our end at a quick glance.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuning Addict
    Kind of what I figured on this one Bill, the other individual is going through support with his - I know all of his were still the same as I checked... Any idea on the tables changing themselves? From everyone who has emailed me - other tuners - it only "seems" to be happening to the injector tables - for me it was offset adder, for another it was the offset for map that self populated. I considered fat fingered until someone else was having the same problem? Maybe we both fat fingered them, but I never went into the table that changed on me, so who knows? Anythings possible I guess...

~Greg Huggins~

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    we'd need a step by step in order to recreate. I'm unaware of any issues with tables changing themselves though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I looked at your two files you supplied if you open both files next to each other and look at the tune details there are two different Serial #'s hens why its asking to be licensed. I hope this helped